Annihilators were one of the most common side competitions in Robot Wars. The Annihilator started with six robots going into the arena and battling until one was immobilised. The survivors would then be given time for repairs and would do battle again. Another robot would be eliminated in the next round. This process would repeat until only one robot was left standing.
There were six annihilators in the UK series of Robot Wars; two in Series 4, two in Extreme 1, one in Extreme 2, and one in Series 7. There was also an annihilator in each season of Robot Wars: Extreme Warriors and a five-robot Annihilator in Nickelodeon Robot Wars. Rather than being given a trophy, the American winners were awarded a Championship Belt.
The Fourth WarsEdit
- Main article: Robot Wars: The Fourth Wars/Northern Annihilator
- Main article: Robot Wars: The Fourth Wars/Southern Annihilator
Extreme Series 1Edit
- Main article: Robot Wars Extreme: Series 1/Annihilator 1
- Main article: Robot Wars Extreme: Series 1/Annihilator 2
Extreme Series 2Edit
- Main article: Robot Wars Extreme: Series 2/Annihilator
The Seventh WarsEdit
- Main article: Robot Wars: The Seventh Wars/Annihilator
- Main article: Extreme Warriors: Season 1/Annihilator
- Main article: Extreme Warriors: Season 2/Annihilator
- Main article: Nickelodeon Robot Wars/Annihilator
- All of the odd-numbered UK Annihilators (i.e. the first Annihilator, third Annihilator etc.) lasted for the full five rounds, but all the even-numbered Annihilators skipped rounds due to robots dropping out.
- Out of the seven Annihilator champions that had also competed in domestic championships, four of them (Spikasaurus, Kan-Opener, Drillzilla and Cyclone) had lost in the first round, although Drillzilla had won multiple battles in side events. Kan-Opener in particular has never won a single battle in four years of competing in the main UK Championship, despite winning two Annihilators (Extreme 2 and Series 7) back-to-back.