- "Based on a helicopter design, with independent steering, high torque, destructive weaponry, but a four centimetre ground clearance and a lexan plastic shell? B-O-D should read B-A-D!"
- — Jonathan Pearce describes B.O.D.
B.O.D. (standing for Blades of Destruction) was a robot from Blackburn which fought in Series 7 of Robot Wars, losing its only battle to Tough as Nails and Robochicken. The team had previously competed in the New Blood Championship with Night Raider.
- "It just has a flying blade on the top, and cuts everything to pieces, basically."
- — George Towell
Armed with a rotating blade weapon, it was a plastic armoured box based on a helicopter. The robot could reach speeds of 15-20 miles per hour, but had a gaping ground clearance and no srimech, making it very vulnerable to flippers, which showed in its immediate defeat from the "fowl flipping device" of Robochicken. B.O.D. was similar in appearance to Extreme Warriors Grand Finalist Propeller-Head. Due to the shortness of the blades, it needed to get close to opponents to damage them, making it even more vulnerable to lifting and flipping weapons.
B.O.D. stood for Blades of Destruction. Curiously, the statistics board in Series 7 spelled the name as B.O.D with no full stop on the end, although this is believed to be an error on the show's part.
- "Newcomers, thrown into a very experienced heat here"
- — Jonathan Pearce as B.O.D. enters the arena
In the first round of the Seventh Wars, the newcomers B.O.D. went up against Robot Wars veterans Tag Team Terror champion Robochicken and Annihilator Disc-O-Inferno, as well as Dutch Robot Wars competitor Tough as Nails.
As the battle started, B.O.D. moved forward, with its spinning blade grinding to an immediate halt upon contact with Robochicken in the opening moments. B.O.D. then moved away sluggishly, seeming to stop. As Tough as Nails grabbed and pushed Disc-O-Inferno into the pit, the latter's disc hit B.O.D.'s side, tearing pieces off in the process. Robochicken then swooped in and flipped B.O.D. over onto its back, immobilising it. After Robochicken tried defensive flips on Tough as Nails, the Dutch machine then grabbed Robochicken. Refbot began the count on B.O.D. as Robochicken was dragged closer to the pit of oblivion, but unfortunately for B.O.D., Refbot completed its count before Robochicken was pitted by Tough as Nails.
- "Tough as Nails, is our sweeper out there, and wants to make a clean sweep of it all, by getting rid of B.O.D."
- — Jonathan Pearce
B.O.D. was then put onto the Drop Zone by Tough as Nails, where it had bowling balls dropped on it. Tough as Nails then attempted to put B.O.D. into the already crowded pit, but B.O.D. wouldn't fit in. Nevertheless, B.O.D. was eliminated from the Seventh Wars in the first round.
- "...wants to just dump it down that pit, I don't think there's room for it, is there? No! That'll do..."
- — Jonathan Pearce, as Cease is called
|B.O.D. - RESULTS|
|The Seventh Wars - UK Championship|
Heat, Round 1
|Heat M, Round 1||vs. Disc-O-Inferno, Robochicken, Tough as Nails||Eliminated|
- Wins: 0
- Losses: 1
|Main Series||B.O.D. Series Record|
|The First Wars||Did not enter|
|The Second Wars||Did not enter|
|The Third Wars||Did not enter|
|The Fourth Wars||Did not enter|
|The Fifth Wars||Did not enter|
|The Sixth Wars||Failed to qualify with Night Raider|
|The Seventh Wars||Heat, Round 1|
|Series 8||Did not enter|
|Series 9||Did not enter|
|Series 10||Did not enter|
|Robot Wars Extreme||Appearances|
|Series 1||Did not enter|
|Series 2||Entered with Night Raider|
- George Towell's name was misspelt George Towelo on the statistics board.
- Team member Richard Sagar was absent for the recording of B.O.D.'s heat.
- B.O.D. was the only robot in Heat M of Series 7 that didn't appear in another episode. However, the team did appear in the New Blood Championship during Extreme 2 with Night Raider.