- "Backstabber just goes to show what you can do in after school hours - at school, using school electricity and lack of school teachers!"
- — Philippa Forrester introduces Backstabber
The team also tried to enter Backstabber into Series 4, but they failed to qualify. The team didn't compete in Robot Wars after this.
Backstabber was a long, high wedge robot, featuring a rear axe that stabbed backwards, hence the name. The pole was tipped with a chisel capable of punching through sheet steel, and the main body had various devices to neutralise cutting/stabbing weaponry of other robots. Backstabber's wheels were exposed, but its high body managed to protect it from severe harm from crushers.
- Stuart McDonald: "From Bradford, Backstabber."
- Jonathan Pearce: "But don't try to stab this robot. It's got various devices to neutralise stabbing weapons. Its own ramming spike and thrusting arm can wreck havoc though. At one metre high, it's the tallest in the heat."
- — Backstabber's introduction before its battle
Backstabber had very little to show for in its only battle in Robot Wars, where it fought Razer. Backstabber was fairly sluggish at the beginning of this fight, though it slowly drove forward to start and quickly turned round to use its stabbing arm on Razer. However, it was seemingly immobilised immediately after Razer attempted to crush it but the wedge shape was difficult for the claw to get a hold on and it could only scratch down the side. Instead, Razer made a run-up and managed to plough Backstabber into the pit, just as Backstabber's weapon came crashing down onto Razer, nearly dragging it onto its side. This caused no damage, though. The school robot was beaten after just twenty seconds of fighting.
- "Backstabber, stabbed in the back!"
- — Craig Charles summarises the battle
|BACKSTABBER - RESULTS|
|The Third Wars - UK Championship|
Heat, Round 1
|Heat C, Round 1||vs. Razer||Lost|
- Wins: 0
- Losses: 1
|Series||Backstabber Series Record|
|The First Wars||Did not enter|
|The Second Wars||Did not enter|
|The Third Wars||Heat, Round 1|
|The Fourth Wars||Failed to qualify|
|The Fifth Wars||Did not enter|
|The Sixth Wars||Did not enter|
|The Seventh Wars||Did not enter|
|Series 8||Did not enter|
|Series 9||Did not enter|
|Series 10||Did not enter|
- Backstabber was the first robot which lost a combat battle to Razer.