- "What sort of imagination could dream up a machine looking like Bot Out Of Hell, a demonic Hell's Angel."
- — Jonathan Pearce
It was entered by Martyn Sloss, the original team captain of Team Torque, and his immediate family. It was the only robot from Team Torque not to involve Richie McBride. Like the rest of Team Torque's machines, this robot's name was also a pun, being based on the famous Meat Loaf song, Bat Out of Hell. The robot was nicknamed "Metal Oaf".
Bot Out Of Hell was designed to resemble a skeleton riding a motorbike, with the front wheel of the motorbike being a large vertical spinning disc which is alleged to have come from a Scottish Oil Rig. It also had an engine that came from a microlight airplane, which meant it could reach a high speed of 20mph. The robot had a gaping ground clearance and no srimech. This, and the fact that its disc was not allowed to function during battle, was its undoing in its only battle.
Bot Out Of Hell zipped towards the rear of Reactor 2 straight away, although it failed to cause any early damage, with its spinning weapon not moving at all. Reactor 2 then tried to get its 'flamp' into play, but Bot Out Of Hell managed to dodge the front flipper of its opponent twice in quick succession. Bot Out Of Hell continued its aggressive, if slightly uncontrollable style towards Reactor 2, as it rammed its right wheel, before once again narrowly missing Reactor 2's flipper.
- "[Bot Out Of Hell] Bashes and bumps, and hurdles. Reactor 2 looks more dependable - looks sturdier, certainly."
- — Jonathan Pearce as the two machines' different styles become evident
With its flywheel still out of commission, Bot Out Of Hell carried out further slams into Reactor 2, but after coming close to being toppled when it rode up the front of Reactor 2, Bot Out Of Hell was finally turned over after Reactor 2 flicked its left-hand side up. Bot Out Of Hell was left planted on its side, and with it unable to self right, it was counted out. The battle ended immediately after Refbot completed the count, and Bot Out Of Hell was eliminated at the first stage.
- "Bot, back to Hell from whence you came."
- — Jonathan Pearce
|BOT OUT OF HELL - RESULTS|
|The Fifth Wars UK Championship|
Heats, Round 1
|Heat D, Eliminator||vs. Reactor 2||Lost|
- Wins: 0
- Losses: 1
|Main Series||Bot Out Of Hell Series Record|
|The First Wars||Did not enter|
|The Second Wars||Entered with All Torque|
|The Third Wars||Entered with All Torque|
|The Fourth Wars||Entered with Small Torque|
|The Fifth Wars|| Heat, Round 1|
Entered with Hippobotomus (McBrides)
|The Sixth Wars||Did not enter|
|The Seventh Wars||Did not enter|
|Series 8||Did not enter|
|Series 9||Did not enter|
|Series 10||Did not enter|
|Robot Wars Extreme||Appearances|
|Series 1||Entered with Fighting Torque|
|Series 2||Did not enter|
- Team member Daniel Sloss went on to be a stand-up comedian, notable for starting on the professional circuit at just seventeen. He performs yearly tours in London and at the Edinburgh Festival Fringe.
- Daniel Sloss appeared on The Official Podcast #96 and talked about his experiences on Robot Wars. He states that the disc on the robot was actually stolen from a Scottish Oil Rig and its original purpose was to drill underground. The producers of the show stated that the disc was an illegal weapon and therefore could not be used when fighting.