- "Can smash-a bash-a with a Swedish Air Force rescue saw, and a four-pound sledgehammer. It destroyed the Pickup family barbecue in practice, now the House Robots want to haul you over the coals!"
- — Jonathan Pearce
Crasha Gnasha was a robot that competed in the third series of Robot Wars. It lost its only battle to future Grand Finalists Fire Storm after being rammed into the wall and flipped over in the opening seconds.
Crasha Gnasha was a blue and white, three-wheeled robot designed and built to resemble a 'mutant robot shark'. Its weapons were a rear-mounted, 4lb swinging hammer hidden inside the robot's 'tail fin', and a circular saw mounted inside its 'mouth'. The hammer was hinged from the side and was intended to swing sideways as the robot turned, causing damage to side armour and wheels whenever it hit, while the saw was a cut-off type as used by the Swedish Air Force to cut people out of plane wreckage.
Although unique in design and featuring potent-sounding weapons, Crasha Gnasha suffered from stability problems, a high ground clearance and lightweight construction. These issues, combined with its inability to self-right, were crucial in its swift defeat against Fire Storm.
Crasha Gnasha immediately turned round to try and get its hammer to hit Fire Storm, but was scooped up and slammed into the side wall by Fire Storm, turning over in a cloud of smoke and bending its 'head' back.
- "Look at this power and pace - bang! The shark is bitten, and bitten badly! Crasha Gnasha, gnashed up, I should think."
- — Jonathan Pearce after Fire Storm's instantaneous defeat of Crasha Gnasha
Unable to self-right, Crasha Gnasha was grabbed hold of by Sergeant Bash, and dragged across the arena as his pincers crushed part of its 'mouth'. Dead Metal and Matilda proceeded to join in the attack, with Dead Metal slicing through Crasha Gnasha's rear castor wheel and shearing it off before 'cease' was called. Crasha Gnasha was eliminated from the Third Wars, and did not compete again in any other series of Robot Wars.
- "Looks like fish is off the menu!"
- — Craig Charles
|CRASHA GNASHA - RESULTS|
|The Third Wars - UK Championship|
Heat, Round 1
|Heat O, Round 1||vs. Fire Storm||Lost|
- Wins: 0
- Losses: 1
|Series||Crasha Gnasha Series Record|
|The First Wars||Did not enter|
|The Second Wars||Did not enter|
|The Third Wars||Heat, Round 1|
|The Fourth Wars||Did not enter|
|The Fifth Wars||Did not enter|
|The Sixth Wars||Did not enter|
|The Seventh Wars||Did not enter|
|Series 8||Did not enter|
|Series 9||Did not enter|
|Series 10||Did not enter|
Appearances in MerchandiseEdit
- Crasha Gnasha was possibly the first Series 3 debutant to be shown on-screen, despite not actually fighting until Heat O, as it was visible while Philippa was roaming the pits at the start of Heat A.
- Crasha Gnasha was the first robot to lose in battle against Firestorm, a machine that would later amass 33 combat wins.