- "A barrel of laughs? Not with that cutter on the front!"
- — Jonathan Pearce
Destructosaur was a robot that competed only in Series 6 of Robot Wars. Despite the team's confidence that their weapon could destroy Chaos 2's flipper (to which George Francis admitted was a possibility), the two-time UK champion was still able to easily dispatch Destructosaur by flipping it where it did not have enough momentum to self-right despite its shape.
- "First time in Robot Wars, those strong jaws, speeds at 20 mph, but no srimech and periodically bursts into flames. What good is that?"
- — Jonathan Pearce's summary of Destructosaur
Destructosaur was a barrel shaped robot with painted on eyes and teeth giving it a resemblance of a dinosaur as its name suggests. Its main weapon was hydraulic cutting pincer, similar to Sir Killalot's but smaller, which was capable of slicing through 8mm aluminium with ease. The robot's drive was provided by two 36volt motors and a Vantec speedo, giving it a high top speed of 20 mph.
- Philippa Forrester: "In your very first battle, you'll be up against Chaos 2."
- Riccardo De Felix: "Not a problem!"
- Philippa Forrester: ""Not a problem!"?! Not even a blink!"
- Riccardo De Felix: "Not a problem! He's frightened, he's frightened! We're gonna snip right through his flipper!"
- — Confidence in the pits
As activate was called, Destructosaur drove around Chaos 2 as the seeded robot charged at it. Destructosaur turned around after this charge, as did Chaos 2, but as the two robots charged at each other, Chaos 2 managed to get at the side of Destructosaur. As it did so, Iron-Awe 2 got under Destructosaur's other side. Chaos 2 flipped Destructosaur over, and Iron-Awe 2 struck it with the axe, puncturing the side. Iron-Awe 2 used its flipper to free its own axe, and Chaos 2 self-righted, having flipped itself over whilst flipping Destructosaur. Mighty Mouse rammed past Destructosaur, which was stuck on its back and couldn't roll over.
- "The team most at risk out there now is Destructosaur…"
- — Jonathan Pearce as Destructosaur lies on its back
Chaos 2 flipped Iron-Awe 2 out of the arena, and Refbot came in to count Destructosaur out, whilst Chaos 2 chased after Mighty Mouse.
- "Surely Destructosaur is out as well. They didn't really have any sort of a run, they were turned turtle in the opening seconds of this four-way melee..."
- — Jonathan Pearce as Refbot comes in to count Destructosaur out
Sir Killalot pushed Destructosaur up the arena and onto the arena Floor Flipper, which righted Destructosaur, and it reversed away and started driving around but it was too late to prevent it from being eliminated as Chaos 2 and Mighty Mouse progressed.
- Philippa Forrester: "It all went in a blur, did it?"
- Riccardo De Felix: "It did! It was over very quickly, we got wedgied!"
- Philippa Forrester: "Your first time, and it lasted..."
- Riccardo De Felix: "About five seconds!"
- Philippa Forrester: "Yes, not very long."
- — Post-battle interview
|DESTRUCTOSAUR - RESULTS|
|The Sixth Wars - UK Championship|
Heat, Round 1
|Heat C, Round 1||vs. Chaos 2 (5), Iron-Awe 2, Mighty Mouse||Eliminated|
- Wins: 0
- Losses: 1
|Series||Destructosaur Series Record|
|The First Wars||Did not enter|
|The Second Wars||Did not enter|
|The Third Wars||Did not enter|
|The Fourth Wars||Did not enter|
|The Fifth Wars||Did not enter|
|The Sixth Wars||Heat, Round 1|
|The Seventh Wars||Did not enter|
|Series 8||Did not enter|
|Series 9||Did not enter|
|Series 10||Did not enter|
Outside Robot WarsEdit
- Jim Galsworthy, the father of Riccardo De Felix's girlfriend, provided the alloy for the robot and welded the chassis.
- Destructosaur's motors were Litton motors, provided by Big Cheese Robot Company, and Racing Karts Livingston provided the inner tubes, wheels and tyres.
- According to the website, Destructosaur had a rear plough, but this was not fitted for its appearance in Series 6.
- The Destructosaur team allowed another team from Scotland, Prime Evil, to use their van along with Destructosaur, to transport the robots to and from the Series 6 qualifiers.
- Destructosaur was the third competitor to use a Japanese anime character as a mascot, sporting Greymon from Digimon in the pits. The others were Pika, with Pikachu and Killerhurtz, with Charmander, both of those being Pokémon.
- Destructosaur was the only robot from Heat C of Series 6 not to appear in another series.