- "This is the first time a robot has used a weapon based on a "trebuchet" - an ancient weapon that was used to hurl boulders at castle walls! This device is contained in a tough looking steel-framed dome shape."
- — Robot Wars Magazine
Dome was a robot that competed exclusively in Series 5 of Robot Wars. It lost its only battle to the experienced Diotoir. The team wore white overcoats and the two male members wore bald caps resembling The Coneheads.
As the name suggests, Dome was a dome-shaped robot. It had a dodecagonal base with four belt-driven wheels, and its weapon was a pneumatic trebuchet protected by a 37-sided symmetrical steel frame with steel and aluminium sheeting.
QualificationEditThe Domeheads had previously attempted to enter Series 3 with a six-wheeled middleweight robot called Samurai, but it ultimately did not feature in the show.
- "Two years ago Dave entered Robotwars with an entry called Samurai. It wasn't quite up to the heavyweight standard (or weight!) and was entered as a Middleweight. Sadly the Middleweight competition was dropped that year due to difficulties while filming, and somehow Dave never got round to improving the machine..."
- — The Dome Website
In its qualifier battle for Series 5, Dome fought Vader. Dome could not bring its weaponry into play, and suffered damage when attacked by its opponent's vertical flywheel, eventually losing the use of its trebuchet. However, later into the battle, Vader lost mobility, and Dome was awarded the victory, qualifying for The Fifth Wars, while Vader did not compete.
In the first round of the Fifth Wars, Dome went up against Diotoir. In the battle, Diotoir approached the more sluggish Dome machine and used its scoop weapon to flip Dome over straight away. Dome was unable to self right using its shape or weaponry, rendering it immobile. Diotoir then rounded off an easy victory by activating the pit release button and pushing the newcomers into the pit, eliminating Dome from the competition.
- "Dome, about as successful as The Millennium Dome!"
- — Craig Charles sums up Dome's performance
|DOME - RESULTS|
|The Fifth Wars - UK Championship|
Heat, Round 1
|Heat G, Eliminator||vs. Diotoir||Lost|
- Wins: 0
- Losses: 1
|Series||Dome Series Record|
|The First Wars||Did not enter|
|The Second Wars||Did not enter|
|The Third Wars||Failed to qualify with Samurai|
|The Fourth Wars||Did not enter|
|The Fifth Wars||Heat, Round 1|
|The Sixth Wars||Did not enter|
|The Seventh Wars||Did not enter|
|Series 8||Did not enter|
|Series 9||Did not enter|
|Series 10||Did not enter|
- Dome's strength in the Fifth Wars was listed as "previous warzone experience", despite the team being newcomers to Robot Wars.
- Footage of Dome's loss to Diotoir was aired during Robot Wars: World Series, part of Series 10, during a montage of Diotoir's history.