Dragon was a featherweight robot that competed in the featherweight competition in the second series of Robot Wars Extreme. It was the last of three robots to be eliminated in its first-round battle, missing out on a place in the Final.
Dragon was a black bevelled wedge shaped robot, armed with a flywheel on top, mounted on an arm. The wedge of Dragon was fitted with a steel strip for low ground clearance, though this was still bested by Cutlet. Dragon was painted black with flame decals, and pictures of Chinese-style dragons.
Dragon was attacked from behind early on by Flybot, and then slipped past Cutlet as the latter attempted an attack. Later, Dragon's ground clearance was exposed by Cutlet, as it drove up the wedge of Cutlet and deflected up onto Cutlet's saw. As a result, Dragon's wheels were off the floor, and it was helpless as it was shoved into the pit by Cutlet, who then joined Dragon and the already-pitted Kitty and Flybot after Gladiator pitted it.
- "The Cutlet team, of Ian Lockheart, son Daniel and son Scott, fought on and pushed Dragon into the pit."
- — Jonathan Pearce
Later on, Dragon was also joined by Micro Mute, Gladiator and even Refbot, in the pit before cease was called. Dragon was the last losing robot to fall though, so it was eliminated from the competition while Cutlet, Micro Mute and Gladiator progressed.
- "Came back in lots of bits after getting pitted and Refbot driving into the pit."
- — Tony Booth on the state of robot after its only battle
|DRAGON - RESULTS|
Featherweight Championship, Round 1
|Round 1||vs. Kitty, Gladiator, Cutlet, Micro Mute, Flybot||Eliminated|
- Wins: 0
- Losses: 1
|Main Series||Dragon Series Record|
|The First Wars||Did not enter|
|The Second Wars||Did not enter|
|The Third Wars||Did not enter|
|The Fourth Wars||Did not enter|
|The Fifth Wars||Did not enter|
|The Sixth Wars||Did not enter|
|The Seventh Wars||Did not enter|
|Series 8||Did not enter|
|Series 9||Did not enter|
|Series 10||Did not enter|
|Robot Wars Extreme||Appearances|
|Series 1||Did not enter|
|Series 2||Featherweight Championship, Round 1|
Outside Robot WarsEdit
After Robot Wars ended, Tony Booth continued to build featherweights and heavyweights. Whilst Robot Wars was still on TV and since Robot Wars' original run has ended, Team Dragon have built the following robots:
- Featherweights: the team's first featherweight (an axe-wielding bot), Kraken (a wedge-shaped robot), Dragon 1, Dragon 2, Dragon 3, Dragon 4, Dragon 5, Dragon 5.1, Dragon 5.2, Dragon 6, Dragon 6.1, DragonStrike V1, DragonStrike V4, Dragonmaster 1, Dragonmaster 2, Tiamat, Tiamat V.2, Kishar, Dragon Claw, Baramot and Baramot V2.
- Heavyweights: Jormungandr, Carnage, Dragonfly and K3.
Tony Booth also acquired the heavyweight machine Fire & Ice.