- "Pink to make the house robots wink, could be gone in a blink!"
- — Jonathan Pearce introducing Ellie's Little Pink-Bot
Ellie's Little Pink-Bot was a lightweight robot which exclusively competed in the Lightweight Championship for the second series of Robot Wars Extreme. It never moved in its only battle against Typhoon Thunder, and lost, eventually being destroyed by Growler in the process.
Team Pink-Bot also attempted to qualify for Series 6 of Robot Wars with an unknown round pink heavyweight robot armed with a lifting arm. The heavyweight can be seen behind Team Pink-Bot's members during their pre-battle interview with Philippa Forrester.
Design[edit | edit source]
Ellie's Little Pink-Bot was an invertible, arrow-shaped lightweight painted pink and armed with a yellow face spinner as its weapon. It also had 2mm steel armour, but was untested in battle, and proved too heavy for its motors to drive it forwards or backwards. Because it was unable to move, it only entered the arena after being placed there by a crew member.
- "One of the crew placed it in from memory. The team knew it was a piece of s*** and were laughing about how crap it was"
- — Gary Cairns in 2019
Robot History[edit | edit source]
Extreme 2[edit | edit source]
- "I'm looking forward to the pink robot causing as much damage as a baby robot can"
- — Philippa Forrester pre-battle, and in for a disappointment
Ellie's Little Pink-Bot failed to move for the entire battle. Typhoon Thunder landed a few hits, before Refbot pushed the pink robot, causing the face spinner to fall off. Growler burnt it with his flamethrower, then it was counted out, allowing Shunt to position it on the floor flipper, which almost launched it out of the arena.
Growler came in and the House Robot used its jaws to clamp onto Ellie's Little Pink-Bot and the pit release tyre and burn the remains of the beaten machine on the flame pit. Ellie's Little Pink-Bot was flung again, before Growler slammed into it, breaking up the machine, and Shunt pushed it into the pit.
- "We didn't get going because the motors will drive it providing the drive wheels are off the ground, as soon as we put it on the ground, it weighs too much for it and it wouldn't move!"
- — Hrolf Douglasson explains the design flaw
Results[edit | edit source]
|ELLIE'S LITTLE PINK-BOT - RESULTS|
Lightweight Championship, Runner-Up
|Final||vs. Typhoon Thunder||Lost|
Wins/Losses[edit | edit source]
- Wins: 0
- Losses: 1
Series Record[edit | edit source]
|Main Series||Ellie's Little Pink-Bot Series Record|
|The First Wars||Did not enter|
|The Second Wars||Did not enter|
|The Third Wars||Did not enter|
|The Fourth Wars||Did not enter|
|The Fifth Wars||Did not enter|
|The Sixth Wars||Failed to qualify with unknown heavyweight|
|The Seventh Wars||Did not enter|
|Series 8||Did not enter|
|Series 9||Did not enter|
|Series 10||Did not enter|
|Robot Wars Extreme||Appearances|
|Series 1||Did not enter|
|Series 2||Lightweight Runner-Up|
References[edit | edit source]