|Armament! This Robot Wars article is in need of rewriting to bring it up to a higher standard. You can help Robot Wars Wiki by rewriting it.|
- "Flensburger's weapons may not look like the most fearsome in the championship, but it does have entertaining light and sound effects."
- — Robot Wars Extreme: The Official Guide
Flensburger Power was a German competitor robot which fought exclusively in the first series of Robot Wars Extreme, having been built for a German series of the show by employees of Stadtwerk Flensburg. It fought in the German Melee, as well as representing its country in the International Mayhem and The Second World Championship events, but lost all three of its battles.
Although Flensburger Power did not enter the televised series of German Robot Wars, the German Melee which it fought in was broadcast as part of the first heat of that series. The team instead attempted to enter the German series with Phoenix, but ultimately Phoenix did not compete either.
Flensburger Power was a large green box-shaped robot with a front wedge and armed with two weapons - a front mounted spear and a spinning wheel cutter at the back. It was powered by two Bosch motors at 115 watts on 24 volts, and a windscreen wiper motor, which likely powered the weaponry. 6 Panasonic batteries rated at 12V also provided movement, but the robot was rather sluggish, with a top speed of 6mph and its weapons did not seem to be effective. The robot also lost mobility entirely under minimal pressure in two out of three fights. For additional effects, a siren was built into Flensburger Power to create sounds, alongside flashing lights.
- "The power of the engines was transferred to the wheel axles with toothed belts. Each of the two engines was individually controlled, which achieved a support of the steering movement. Both engines had their own power supply of 24 volts (2 x 12 volt batteries in series). The other 2 batteries were used to power the weapons and effects."
- — Flensburger Power website (translated from German)
After RTL announced a series of Robot Wars which would air in Germany, to be filmed concurrently with the fifth UK series and first Dutch series, Flensburger Power was built ahead of the deadline, and was ready to compete. However, as Flensburger Power was one of only four applicants for the series, filming for a dedicated series never took place due to the lack of entries. Flensburger Power was, however, invited to compete in the various battles of Robot Wars Extreme in the United Kingdom, alongside the other three series applicants. When RTL attempted to film another German series of Robot Wars one year later, the team were registered to enter with a new robot named Phoenix, but withdrew before the competition began.
Flensburger Power took part in the International Inferno, representing Germany by taking on Panic Attack from the UK (though it was actually from Wales), Manta from the USA, and MaxiMill from the Netherlands. From the very beginning of the battle, Flensburger Power was pushed around by Panic Attack's forks. Flensburger Power finally got away after around 30 seconds of being pushed, only to break down immediately over the flame pit. Later on in the battle, Flenburger was put on the Floor Flipper and flipped onto MaxiMill as "Cease" was called, Panic Attack the victor.
Flensburger Power's next appearance was in later took part in the German Melee against Nasty Warrior, Golem, and Ansgar, which was also later broadcast during German Robot Wars. Flensburger Power started the battle by wedging under Ansgar, but it got off by flailing its lifter around. After bumping up against Nasty Warrior and Ansgar, very little was seen of Flensburger Power until it wedged under Nasty Warrior, but the wooden robot got off quickly. Despite seeming immobile for a good period of time, Flensburger Power made it to a judges decision along with Nasty Warrior and Ansgar, with Ansgar winning the decision and the battle and Flensburger Power coming second as both Ansgar and Flensburger Power qualified to compete in the upcoming World Championship tournament.
- "The motor comes from a windscreen wiper, it has a dazzling lights display... but I don't see it illuminating these proceedings... "
- — Jonathan Pearce's thoughts on Flensburger Power, as it enters the arena during The Second World Championship
Despite losing both its battles convincingly in the first series of Extreme, Flensburger Power was chosen to represent Germany in the Second World Championship along with German Melee winner Ansgar, which was also broadcast as part of the first season of Robot Wars: Extreme Warriors. In the first round, it was drawn up against Diotoir from Ireland, The Revolutionist from the USA, and the reigning world champion, Razer. Flensburger Power's slow top speed was immediately exploited, as Diotoir quickly pushed it around the arena and into the claws of Sir Killalot. This minor blow appeared to immobilize Flensburger Power, as it was then counted out by Refbot and hit extremely hard by Matilda, throwing it over as the battle ended.
|FLENSBURGER POWER - RESULTS|
|Extreme Series 1|
|Single Battle Events|
German Melee, International Inferno (Representing Germany)
|International Inferno||vs. Manta (USA), MaxiMill (NED), Panic Attack (UK)||Lost|
|German Melee||vs. Ansgar, Golem, Nasty Warrior||Lost|
|NOTE: This battle was also broadcast during German Robot Wars|
|The Second World Championship|
Representing Germany, Eliminated in Heats
|NOTE: This competition was also broadcast during US Season 1|
|Heat||vs. Diotoir (IRE), Razer (UK), The Revolutionist (USA)||Eliminated|
- Wins: 0
- Losses: 3
|Main Series||Flensburger Power Series Record|
|The First Wars||Did not enter|
|The Second Wars||Did not enter|
|The Third Wars||Did not enter|
|The Fourth Wars||Did not enter|
|The Fifth Wars||Did not enter|
|The Sixth Wars||Did not enter|
|The Seventh Wars||Did not enter|
|Series 8||Did not enter|
|Series 9||Did not enter|
|Series 10||Did not enter|
|Robot Wars Extreme||Appearances|
|Series 2||Did not enter|
|German Series||Flensburger Power Series Record|
|German Robot Wars||Withdrew with Phoenix|
NOTE: Flensburger Power initially applied for a series of German Robot Wars in 2001, which was later cancelled. Flensburger Power's appearance in the German Melee was broadcast during Episode 1 of the 2002 German Robot Wars.
- Flensburger Power was mispronounced as "Flensburg Power" by Robot Wars arena announcer Stuart McDonald during all of its appearances in Extreme 1. However, its name was pronounced correctly when the German Melee was shown as part of German Robot Wars.
- All of Flensburger Power's appearances in Extreme 1 were in the same episode as Firestorm.
- All of Flensburger Power's battles featured Matilda as one of the House Robots.
- In all of its appearances, Flensburger Power never shared the arena with Dead Metal or Sgt. Bash despite them both appearing in all episodes that Flensburger Power featured in.
- Golem, MaxiMill and Nasty Warrior are the only three of the robots that Flensburger Power fought which did not take part in a World Championship Tournament.
- Flensburger Power is the first robot named after its hometown. The other is The Hassocks Hog.