Here is the place to discuss anything about Random Format Series 4.
We have 102 robots in Series 4. 80 of these will be in the regular heats.
- Series 1/2 Gauntlet, Trial, Arena heat (6)
- Series 3/5 H2H heat (8)
- Series 4 3-way melee heat (6)
- Dutch Wars/Semi-Finals Losers melee heat (6)
- Series 6/7 4-way melee heat (8)
- Series 8/9 Round Robin heat (8)
- Series 10 Redemption bracket (6)
- Annihilator heat (6)
- Tag Team heat (Double the robots so two heat winners) (16)
- 10-Robot-Rumble heat (10)
This leaves 22 robots, who will compete in groups into some of these trial tournaments.
- Challenge Belt format
- Pinball tournament
- Sumo Basho Tournament
- Gauntlet runs only tournament
- Robotic Soccer tournament
If we want to have 16 heat winners, then we need to use all of those trials, with at least four robots in each. The Challenge Belt might be a little difficult, so maybe we could adjust the rules so that, instead of qualifying after three rounds, the last robot to hold the belt after all robots have competed automatically goes through. With this in mind, I propose that six of the robots compete in the Challenge Belt, and there are four in each of the non-combat trials. CrashBash (talk) 14:00, April 7, 2020 (UTC)
- Alternatively, if you want to have a twelve robot semi-final, you could incorporate numerous trials to give you the one remaining semi-finalist we need. The way I see it is as follows -
- The 22 robots are paired up in the Sumo Basho competition, with each other instead of Shunt.
- The 11 winners then compete in the Pinball Warrior Tournament.
- The top four scoring robots go through to the Soccer tournament, and the first robot to score goes through to the semi final.
- Challenge Belt will be whoever gets drawn into it fights in that order, and whoever has hold of it at the end wins the heat. So the robots drawn first have to battle through everyone to get through, whereas the last robot drawn will only have to beat one robot to take the heat victory.
- I would be happy with three of these tournaments being chosen for 14 heat winners if it means the heats are higher quality. Soccer really needs 8 robots to be worth it for example. If we get 14 heat winners, I just choose a 8 robot formatted heat and a 6 robot formatted heat for the Semis. The Grand Final is the only one I'm expecting to run as normal. Jimlaad43(talk) 14:28, April 7, 2020 (UTC)
Once we have all heat numbers decided, I will randomise the robot order and randomise the heat order. The heat formats will be coming out in that order, so don't expect to see Series 1 as Heat A. Pay attention to the first paragraph I write on each page as it will explain the format of that heat. I will be running one heat at a time, except for the trials, which I will put up together so we get more than one thing to judge at a time. Jimlaad43(talk) 13:50, April 7, 2020 (UTC)