I Bot One Beta was a German robot that competed in Series 7 of Robot Wars. It did not achieve much success, losing in the first round after being dominated by Hellbent, and being eliminated in its qualifier for the Third World Championship, attempting to represent Germany.
I Bot One Beta was an invertible, octagonal-shaped robot with two powerful 10kg spinning blades (referred to as 'discs' on the show) which were capable of spinning at 3000rpm. The robot was powered by three motors - two 1500W ones for the drive system, and a single 1000W one for the spinning blades. The team believed that I Bot One Beta's weapons would enable it to be strong enough to survive in its few battles. However, their inefficiency, combined with the robot's fragility and lack of previous arena experience, led to I Bot One Beta's losses in the only two televised battles it fought in.
In its only qualification attempt for any series of Robot Wars, I Bot One Beta was able to earn automatic qualification for the Seventh Wars by winning a four-way melee against Tough as Nails, Metalis and Skorpizoid. This occurred when Tough as Nails and Metalis simultaneously immobilised each other in the opening stages of the battle, and I Bot One Beta was able to damage the wooden Skorpizoid until it lost drive on one side.
I Bot One Beta kept out of proceedings at the start of the battle, only coming in with a tentative shove on Mean Streak. Hellbent then chased it down, but I Bot One Beta managed to narrowly miss two axe attacks from it. Finally, Hellbent managed to get a hold of I Bot One Beta, and drove it across the arena floor, slamming it into the side wall. This attack left I Bot One Beta immobile, and after Sir Killalot dragged it into the centre of the arena, Refbot counted it out.
- "That's the end of the German team. Fünf, sechs, sieben, acht, neun... come on... neun... Ta-ta - that's the end for them."
- — Jonathan Pearce as I Bot One Beta is counted out
Growler then came in and pulled I Bot One Beta around, before placing it onto the floor flipper where it was flung through the air. Cease was called, and I Bot One Beta's UK Championship hopes came to an immediate end.Shunt pushed it into the pit as well.
- "I Bot One Beta on the edge of the pit - needs to get away. Haven't seen great use of the weaponry. It is teetering... it is gone."
- — Jonathan Pearce
This meant that I Bot One Beta had failed to qualify for The Third World Championship, with Ansgar 3 representing Germany in the main competition instead.
|I BOT ONE BETA - RESULTS|
|The Seventh Wars - UK Championship|
Heats, Round 1
|Heat G, Round 1||vs. Araknia, Hellbent, Mean Streak||Eliminated|
|The Third World Championship|
Representing Germany, Qualifiers
|Qualifier||vs. Ansgar 3 (GER), Reaper NP2 (GER)||Eliminated|
- Wins: 0
- Losses: 2
|Series||I Bot One Beta Series Record|
|The First Wars||Did not enter|
|The Second Wars||Did not enter|
|The Third Wars||Did not enter|
|The Fourth Wars||Did not enter|
|The Fifth Wars||Did not enter|
|The Sixth Wars||Did not enter|
|The Seventh Wars||Heat, Round 1|
|Series 8||Did not enter|
|Series 9||Did not enter|
|Series 10||Did not enter|
- I Bot One Beta's working name was Ita Bot Alpha. It was changed to I Bot Ita before the qualifiers, but was ultimately renamed again prior to filming.
- I Bot One Beta was the only non-UK robot that appeared in the Seventh UK Championship whose team had not previously appeared in any version of Robot Wars.
- It was also one of only two non-UK robots from the entire Seventh Wars whose team had not previously appeared in any version of Robot Wars, along with Mechaniac.