- "Is it, or will a lack of experience leave their hopes in tatters?"
- — Jonathan Pearce remarks about Inshredable's name as it enters the arena
Inshredable was a robot which exclusively competed in Series 6 of Robot Wars. It reached the second round despite sustaining severe damage in its opening melee, before losing to Anarchy there. The robot's name may have been a pun on the word incredible.
- "...Inshredable is a highly manoeuvrable and powerful machine, with a strong chassis and a vertically-mounted spinning disc powered by a 1KW motor."
- — Robot Wars: The Official Magazine on Inshredable
Inshredable was a large black reverse wedge-shaped robot with two-wheel drive and a large vertical spinning disc. The disc was made out of steel and rotated at about 1000rpm, which the Brunel University team estimated as being between 80-90mph. Inshredable was invertible and quoted as having a strong chassis, although this tended to get bent or torn apart following sustained attacks from opponents. Furthermore, the robot's wheels were exposed from the top, and its armour proved considerably fragile.
Inshredable was built by a team of Mechanical Engineering students who studied at Brunel University, in Uxbridge, Middlesex. The team was captained by Peter Willmott, and he was joined by Martyn Campbell and Kristopher Brookes during the robot's Series 6 campaign.
For entry into Series 6, Inshredable fought C.V., G-Man and Lazerus in its qualifier battle. It and Lazerus survived to a judges' decision, despite the latter's weapon being inoperable due to a gas leak before the battle. Inshredable and Lazerus ended the battle by pushing each other around, with Inshredable being declared the winner and therefore receiving a guaranteed place in Series 6.
- Philippa Forrester: "Technically, what are you gonna get them with?"
- Peter Willmott: "This big mama disc here."
- — The Brunel University team show Philippa Forrester Inshredable's weapon before its first-round battle
Inshredable initially hesitated to get involved in the battle, before being pushed around by Tornado and ending up near Matilda's CPZ. Inshredable escaped to charge into Tornado and Terror-Bull, before Tornado pushed it across the arena once again and caused a circular part of Inshredable to fall off. It then momentarily drove into Dead Metal, before Tornado rammed it into an angle grinder. By this point, part of the left-hand side of Inshredable's chassis had been bent open, with Inshredable again pursuing Tornado before ramming into Terror-Bull. Tornado pushed both robots back, before Edge Hog attacked Inshredable and attempted to axe it several times.
- "Inshredable at the moment, is taking some punishment, and can't get out of that hole. Little bit of experience missing there, in the Inshredable team, they've got themselves into a nasty position..."
- — Jonathan Pearce as Inshredable momentarily ends up in Matilda's CPZ
Tornado pushed both Inshredable and Edge Hog into Matilda's CPZ, but Inshredable escaped quickly, and joined Tornado in attacking Terror-Bull. It momentarily spun over the pit just as Edge Hog reversed into the release button, driving away just as it began descending. As Edge Hog was being counted out, Inshredable was repeatedly pushed and lifted around the arena by Tornado and Terror-Bull, the latter lifting Inshredable against the wall in an empty CPZ. Dead Metal drove into the CPZ as Terror-Bull lifted Inshredable again, pinning Inshredable against the wall. Seconds later, Matilda backed into Inshredable's side, her flywheel causing severe damage and lifting it up against an entry gate.
- "Inshredable... I think your hopes are in tatters..."
- — Jonathan Pearce as Inshredable sustains damage from Matilda and Dead Metal
Dead Metal again pinned Inshredable against the wall and sliced into its chassis with his saw, before Refbot rammed into both robots in an attempt to separate them. Despite the damage it had sustained, Inshredable drove out of the CPZ just as Tornado pitted Terror-Bull, putting it through to the second round along with the twelfth seed.
- "...looks to me as if Tornado, AND TERROR-BULL WILL BE THE TWO TO GO THROUGH, BUT TERROR-BULL SUDDENLY PITTED! what a turn up that is because I thought Inshredable were out but they're just moving at the end and Terror-Bull have been pitted and beaten!"
- — Jonathan Pearce as Tornado pits Terror-Bull, giving Inshredable a lucky break to continue its campaign
At the start of the battle, Inshredable drove over the Floor Spinner and turned away from Anarchy. It momentarily stopped over the Floor Flipper, allowing Anarchy to nudge it and axe through its rear wedge. Inshredable struggled to drive away as Anarchy repeatedly pushed and axed it, before it backed into Growler's CPZ, where Growler pushed it out. It dodged an attack from Sgt. Bash before being thrown into the latter's CPZ by Anarchy, where three more flips resulted in it being suspended in Sgt. Bash's pincers as he grabbed hold of its chassis.
- "... and you could be looking at a robot that could go all the way. I'm not talking about Inshredable, 'cause they're not going to go a lot further now that Sgt. Bash has them in his grips."
- — Jonathan Pearce as Inshredable is attacked by Anarchy and Sgt. Bash
Following a few more pushes and axe blows from Anarchy, Inshredable became completely immobilised, before being flipped against the wall by Anarchy. Growler and Sgt. Bash came out of their CPZs to free Inshredable from the wall, allowing Anarchy to axe and flip it into Refbot as it was being counted out. Growler then bit down and dragged Inshredable by the chassis, tearing it open as he spun it round, held it over the Flame Pit and carried it to the pit where he dropped it in. As a result, Inshredable was eliminated from the Sixth Wars.
- "Where will we err... Where will we finish with Inshredable do you think? In the pit? On the flame pit? I think we will just... boot him down there. Down into the cellars of the Robot Wars Arena. Bye bye Inshredable. See you again next time."
- — Jonathan Pearce
|INSHREDABLE - RESULTS|
|The Sixth Wars - UK Championship|
Heat, Round 2
|Heat G, Round 1||vs. Edge Hog, Terror-Bull, Tornado (12)||Qualified|
|Heat G, Round 2||vs. Anarchy||Lost|
- Wins: 1
- Losses: 1
|Series||Inshredable Series Record|
|The First Wars||Did not enter|
|The Second Wars||Did not enter|
|The Third Wars||Did not enter|
|The Fourth Wars||Did not enter|
|The Fifth Wars||Did not enter|
|The Sixth Wars||Heat, Round 2|
|The Seventh Wars||Did not enter|
|Series 8||Did not enter|
|Series 9||Did not enter|
|Series 10||Did not enter|
- Of the six teams that only fought in Series 6, the Brunel University team was the only one to progress beyond the first round.
- Of the eight teams competing in Heat G, they were also the only one not to appear in any other episode of Robot Wars.
- Inshredable was one of only two robots to damage Refbot, by knocking off his camera, a trait shared with Anarchy.
- Inshredable is one of three machines to fight axe-wielding robots twice in a row in a main series heat prior to the reboot, the other two being S.M.I.D.S.Y. and Major Tom.
- Of the six robots that only appeared in Series 6, Inshredable was one of two to fight an unseeded robot, the other being Tridentate.
- Both of Inshredable's battles featured a former semi-finalist.