King Ludd was a competitor robot which was intended to enter Series 5 of Robot Wars. Although it reached the design stage with the hydraulic lifter and chassis being built, it is unknown whether the robot was completed in time - either way, it did not appear in Series 5.
King Ludd was named after "Edward Ludd"  and the team taking the nickname "The Luddites" to further reference the legend.
- "WE MODIFIED THE FRAME SOMEWHAT BUT KEPT THE PIVOTS IN EXACTLY THE SAME POSITION. FOR OBVIOUS REASONS! THE SQUARE FRAME ABOVE THE LIFTING PIVOT WILL HOLD THE MAIN RAM/CYLINDER THAT WILL DO MOST OF THE DAMAGE."
- — Specifications from the website
King Ludd had entered design stage by the time of Extreme 1 and Series 5. The box-shaped robot was armed with a hydraulic lifter which was operated by a pump originally from a hydraulic lifting platform  and a ramming blade. It had aluminium wheels with 10" diameter solid rubber tires which likely ran on wheelchair motors .
Series Record Edit
|Series||King Ludd Series Record|
|The First Wars||Did not enter|
|The Second Wars||Did not enter|
|The Third Wars||Did not enter|
|The Fourth Wars||Did not enter|
|The Fifth Wars||Unknown|
|The Sixth Wars||Did not enter|
|The Seventh Wars||Did not enter|
|Series 8||Did not enter|
|Series 9||Did not enter|
|Series 10||Did not enter|
- The robot was originally going to be named "Crush 'n' Carry" but this was left to a vote, in which the name "King Ludd" won.
- ↑ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ned_Ludd
- ↑ http://web.archive.org/web/20010414225341/http://www.couchy.ic24.net:80/specifications/specifications_page.htm
- ↑ http://web.archive.org/web/20010414223647/http://www.couchy.ic24.net:80/photo_gallery/photo_gallery_page.htm
- ↑ http://web.archive.org/web/20010612083926/http://www.couchy.ic24.net:80/thanks/thanks_info.htm
- ↑ http://web.archive.org/web/20010414133825/http://www.couchy.ic24.net:80/ideas/ideas_page.htm