- "This is our cash cow here, it's no sacrificial calf, so competition, you'd better "moo-ve" out of the way!"
- — Jason Barber introduces Mad Cow before the US Championship
Mad Cow was the first robot to be entered by TeamBoltz, which competed in Season 1 of Robot Wars: Extreme Warriors, but lost its only battle. Mad Cow was later converted into a new robot, Psycho Chicken.
Mad Cow was a comical box-shaped robot with a large cow's head as decoration, with two large teeth. It was armed with a rear circular saw and a small wedge at the front, although the robot tended to rear up on a drive, lowering the effectiveness of the wedge. It used a two-wheel drive, which was completely exposed, a weakness highlighted on television. TeamBoltz dressed up as farmers to represent their cow.
- "This is our cash cow. It's no sacrificial cow, so competition, you'd better moo-ve out of the way!"
- — TeamBoltz explain their robot to Rebecca Grant before giving her a sticker
It started ponderously, bumping into Rosie the Riveter and later Tiger Cat. Manta eventually got underneath Mad Cow with its saw blade but couldn't turn it over, instead puncturing Mad Cow's left tyre, leaving it unable to move. Refbot quickly counted it out, leaving the House Robots to put Mad Cow on the floor flipper and fly straight onto the flame pit, where it burnt for the remainder of the fight.
- "It's the Mad Cow! The Mad Cow is a dead cow and Shunt going to have a little fun with it now! Moving that beef around the corner..."
- — Stefan Frank on Mad Cow's immobilisation
|MAD COW - RESULTS|
Eliminated in Heats
|Heat||vs. Close Enough, Manta, Rippa Raptor, Rosie the Riveter, Tiger Cat||Eliminated|
- Wins: 0
- Losses: 1
|US Series||Mad Cow Series Record|
|Season 1|| Heat (Round 1)|
Robot Rebellion with Rot Box
|Season 2|| Entered with Psycho Chicken|
Tag Team Terror with Bang
|Nickelodeon||Did not enter|
Outside Robot WarsEdit
Before being built as Mad Cow for Extreme Warriors, the robot was originally built as a heavyweight named Boltz, operating simply as a wedge without the cutting weaponry. It also evolved to become Boltz 1.5 before Mad Cow was completed. Boltz lacked the decorations of Mad Cow but was otherwise the same machine.