- "We'll hit with 2000lbs of force, and that's why we think we will do well in Robot Wars!"
- — Jack Harwick
Marauder was a middleweight robot which competed in the second season of Robot Wars: Extreme Warriors. As Extreme Warriors had no middleweight division, Marauder was allowed to take part in the main competition. Marauder made it to the second round of its heat, only to be pitted, driving in under pressure from Destructive Criticism.
- "Ordinarily a bigger robot would win, but this is not an ordinary robot, we think it's better than the average big bot!"
- — Jack Harwick
Marauder is circular robot, surrounded by extremely low skirts at all angles, giving the robot minimal ground clearance. Its weapon was an overhead spinning bar with two truck hitch balls at either end, reaching a top speed of up to 3000rpm. At 110lbs, Marauder was classified as a middleweight despite competing in the main competition, but despite this disadvantage, Marauder's armour proved to be very durable. The team, however, lacked driving experience.
Written on the bottom of the robot was the phrase 'you win'.
- "David was able to beat Goliath, and we think we're able to do the same!"
- — Jack Harwick before the battle
In the first round, Marauder mostly drove around with little direction, avoiding trouble. It was slammed by General Chompsalot 2, which could not breach the low ground clearance of Marauder, and edged back by G-Force. Marauder was trapped in two different CPZ's by both General Chompsalot 2 and G-Force, but eventually Marauder's evasion was successful, as G-Force broke down by its own accord, and Marauder progressed alongside General Chompsalot 2.
In the second round, Marauder faced the powerful spinner, Destructive Criticism.
- "This game is a lot like paper-rock-scissors, you can have a rock, but if the other guy's got paper, there's not too much you can do!"
- — Jack Harwick before the battle against Destructive Criticism
Despite being light in weight, Marauder proved difficult for Destructive Criticism to deal with. Marauder initially knocked a decorative piece away from Destructive Criticism using its spinner. Destructive Criticism's spinning disc could surprisingly cause little damage to Marauder, and even pushing Marauder proved ineffective. A tentative battle ensued, until Marauder slammed itself into the arena wall and ripped away half of its own weapon. With limited offence, Marauder drove too near to the pit, and the pressure of Destructive Criticism being nearby caused Marauder to drive itself in.
- Carol Grow: "Marauder, you were doing so well, if you wouldn't have driven yourselves into the pits, I mean, what do you think would've happened?"
- Jack Harwick: "I think it was a draw up to that point, we were both still running strong, so it could've gone either way at that point!"
- — Regrets after the battle
|MARAUDER - RESULTS|
Heat, Round 2
|Heat G, Round 1||vs. General Chompsalot 2, G-Force||Qualified|
|Heat G, Round 2||vs. Destructive Criticism||Lost|
- Wins: 1
- Losses: 1
|Main Series||Marauder Series Record|
|Season 1||Did not enter|
|Season 2||Heat, Round 2|
|Nickelodeon||Did not enter|
Outside Robot WarsEdit
Marauder also competed in BattleBots Season 4.0 as Miriah, losing its only battle to Summoner, and in RoboGames as Black Magic. The robot was also preregistered to compete in Robotica but wasn't completed in time.
- Marauder was the lightest robot in Extreme Warriors, ahead of Thor's Hammer.