- Not to be confused with fellow New Blood competitor Night Raider
- "It's a disembowler. Basically, what we hope to do is ram the opposition with the spike, and once it's actually, hopefully if we penetrate the armour of the other side, we can then activate a motor which spins this. These shards will come out, and hopefully rip the guts of the other robots apart..."
- — Paul Burridge on the weapon
Niterider was a robot that fought exclusively in the New Blood Championship, which formed part of the second series of Robot Wars Extreme. It lost in the first round during its only appearance, and also failed to qualify for Series 7. Its name was a pun on the TV show Knight Rider.
- "Devastating active spike weapon, then. Two 750 watt electric motor, ultra-low centre of gravity, six wheel driven, large in shape, designed to run both sides up."
- — Jonathan Pearce
Niterider was a low-profile, six-wheeled invertible robot with two wedges shaped as a parallelogram, painted blue and silver and armed with an unusual active spike weapon called a 'disembowler'. The 'disembowler' would penetrate another robot's armour, before sharp teeth would extend out of the spike before it spin around, causing substantial damage to the robot's internals. However, Niterider was unable to demonstrate this weapon effectively, as it lost early on in its first and only battle.
It is unknown whether Niterider attempted to qualify for Series 6 or any prior series, but Niterider was nevertheless accepted into the New Blood Championship during the second series of Extreme, through open applications. A relatively unchanged Niterider attempted to enter the Seventh Wars, but was unsuccessful in its qualification attempt.
Extreme Series 2Edit
- "Looks stealthy, but things can go bump in the night"
- — Jonathan Pearce as Niterider enters the arena
At the start of the battle, the other two robots attacked each other, leaving Niterider to its own devices. It appeared to have lost one of its motors and was only able to drive into Sir Killalot. The House Robot attacked and fully immobilised Niterider. At the same time, Mr Nasty had immobilised Maximus, but after looking at both robots, Refbot counted out Niterider. Sir Killalot grabbed Niterider's spike and spun it around, almost tipping the House Robot onto its side. Sir Killalot then put Niterider on the Floor Flipper, which flipped it onto Matilda, then the Drop Zone, where it had a television dropped on it, which got skewered on Niterider's now vertically pointing spike. Cease was then called after Matilda ripped the television apart.
|NITERIDER - RESULTS|
|Extreme Series 2|
|New Blood Championship|
Heat, Round 1
|Heat A, Round 1||vs. Maximus, Mr Nasty||Eliminated|
- Wins: 0
- Losses: 1
|Main Series||Niterider Series Record|
|The First Wars||Did not enter|
|The Second Wars||Did not enter|
|The Third Wars||Did not enter|
|The Fourth Wars||Did not enter|
|The Fifth Wars||Did not enter|
|The Sixth Wars||Did not enter|
|The Seventh Wars||Failed to qualify|
|Series 8||Did not enter|
|Series 9||Did not enter|
|Series 10||Did not enter|
|Robot Wars Extreme||Appearances|
|Series 1||Did not enter|
Outside Robot WarsEdit
In 2004, Niterider made a brief appearance at Brighton ModelWorld, but soon afterwards, the robot was retired.
- Both Niterider and the similarly named Night Raider appeared in back-to-back episodes, and failed to leave their starting positions after losing drive on one side at the very beginning of the battle.