- "Panzer Mk 4, capable of giving and receiving tremendous punishment. Beware of this robot from across the Pond"
- — Jonathan Pearce's in-game commentary
Panzer Mk was a six wheeled box-shaped robot armed with a pneumatic flipper. It has a very successful career in Robot Wars: Extreme Warriors, winning Seasons 1 and 2. The robot's flipper and six wheel push gave it great pushing ability, the robot keeps this ability in-game.
Appearance and ArmamentEdit
Robot Wars: Extreme Destruction (PC/Xbox) was one of only two of the Robot Wars video games that Panzer Mk featured in. This game was based on Robot Wars Extreme: Series 1, concurrent to the first series of Extreme Warriors. However, instead of Panzer Mk 2, the Panzer Mk in this game is based on Panzer Mk 4, the incarnation that featured in the second series of Extreme Warriors. However, the resemblance to this robot is remarkable, the rough size, power and speed is similar to its real life counterpart, although the flipper reacts much quicker than it does in real life, and isn't as powerful.
Using Panzer Mk 4Edit
Panzer Mk 4 can use its flipper to lift robots off the ground, and can then use its pushing ability to shove robots around the arena, whether the robot is pushed into the house robots or another arena hazard, this will prove the most successful tactic. Panzer Mk 4 can't self-right with its flipper, so avoiding any flippers whenever possible will be a smart move.
Against Panzer Mk 4Edit
Panzer Mk 4 is flippable, so if you are operating a robot with a flipper, this will be the most successful tactic. However, Panzer Mk 4 can be easily pushed from the side as well. Avoiding the flipper will help, as Panzer Mk 4 can try to lift you up, hold you there, and drag you towards the pit.
Differences from Real LifeEdit
- The flipper reacts much quicker than it does in real life, and isn't as powerful.
- Panzer Mk 4 is capable of flipping robots out of the arena in-game, in real life it is unknown as to whether or not it could have achieved this.
- Despite always being part of the team, Todd Mendenhall is not listed as a team member on the battle board.