- "...the arm is very strong, benefiting from both a box section construction and the excellent mechanical properties of steel. The arm is light enough to be firmly held in place by the chassis. It offers a wide choice of weapon tips, a great variety of attack angles, and enormous power."
- — Southampton University Robot Wars website on the weapon
RC Bandit was a tracked robot constructed by students at Southampton University, which attempted to enter Series 3 of Robot Wars. It was not selected to compete in that series for currently unknown reasons. The robot had five sponsors.
RC Bandit had a steel chassis with a clear top panel and was armed with a hydraulic punching spike mounted on an arm that could change angle. The team chose hydraulics over pneumatics as they felt that they provided more power, despite being more costly and complex.
- "Many ideas were considered for the construction of the arm. Originally conceived as a large multi-jointed structure mounted at the rear of the robot, with a preferred weapon, a jackhammer or rock-breaker being located at the tip. It was also envisaged that a crushing mechanism would be introduced into the arm's operation."
- — The team's website on the weapon
Originally, the robot was going to have wheels, but the team decided to give the robot tracks.
- "There were several reasons for this choice, such as; uniqueness, improved traction, zero turning circle, no more than two drive motors and appearance."
- — The team's website on the advantages of tracks
|Series||RC Bandit Series Record|
|The First Wars||Did not enter|
|The Second Wars||Super Showdown with Bottweiler|
|The Third Wars|| Not selected|
Not selected with Bottweiler
|The Fourth Wars||Did not enter|
|The Fifth Wars||Did not enter|
|The Sixth Wars||Did not enter|
|The Seventh Wars||Did not enter|
|Series 8||Did not enter|
|Series 9||Did not enter|
|Series 10||Did not enter|