|Armament! This Robot Wars article is in need of rewriting to bring it up to a higher standard. You can help Robot Wars Wiki by rewriting it.|
- "Will they be Larry the lamb, or a wolf in sheep's clothing?"
- — Julia Reed before Rambot's first round fight
Rambot was a heavyweight robot which competed exclusively in Series 4 of Robot Wars. Rambot showed plenty of aggression in its heat eliminator, but the judges did not believe the aggression was well controlled, and it was therefore eliminated against Behemoth and Arnold, Arnold Terminegger.
- "Two steel spikes at the front and back act as lifting devices here, the outer shell is aluminium, the inner titanium for extra protection, and at speeds of 20mph as we've heard, this can really ram and slam!"
- — Jonathan Pearce
Rambot was a long, black robot, wedge-shaped in design, with a very low total height. It had a small lifting plate with spikes as its weapon, and was invertible. Rambot was armoured in aluminium and padded in titanium plates, but was partially stuck together with glue. It had a lot of speed at 20mph, due to its modified Bosch engines, which combined with its low wedge shape well, although this made Rambot hard to control. The robot took seven months to build. It also featured a picture of a sheep's head on it.
- "Inside we've got the biggest batteries we could get our hands on, and the biggest motors in the business, so we know we're going to do some damage with this robot!"
- — David Johnson
Rambot remained outside the opening conflict, only landing a minor attack on Arnold, Arnold Terminegger. It rammed its opponents, righting Arnold when it was immobile. Rambot crashed around the sidewalls during its attacks, slipping effortlessly beneath Sergeant Bash at one point as he shot fire from his flamethrower. Later, Rambot ran onto the scoop of Behemoth and was flipped twice in quick succession. It showed poor control as it attempted to strike its opponents, slamming itself into the arena side walls repeatedly. Behemoth then got one last flip on Rambot as cease was called for the battle to go to a judges' decision.
- "Behemoth on the attack. Will that count in its favour? As the judges will decide a very, very close battle, this one. One of the closest we've ever had, I think."
- — Jonathan Pearce
In what proved to be a very close decision, the judges put Behemoth and Arnold, Arnold Terminegger through, eliminating Rambot from the competition.
- "Power is nothing without control."
- — Julia Reed on Rambot's loss
|RAMBOT - RESULTS|
|The Fourth Wars - UK Championship|
Heat, Round 1
|Heat N, Eliminator||vs. Behemoth (6), Arnold, Arnold Terminegger||Eliminated|
- Wins: 0
- Losses: 1
|Series||Rambot Series Record|
|The First Wars||Did not enter|
|The Second Wars||Did not enter|
|The Third Wars||Did not enter|
|The Fourth Wars||Heat, Round 1|
|The Fifth Wars||Did not enter|
|The Sixth Wars||Entered with Double Trouble|
|The Seventh Wars||Did not enter|
|Series 8||Did not enter|
|Series 9||Did not enter|
|Series 10||Did not enter|
Outside Robot Wars
Rambot made a one-off competitive appearance at the Debenham Robot Rumble 2000, where it lost to VenoM after being flipped at least once. Rambot's second battle was against Humphrey, but Rambot lost after becoming stuck under the arena wall. This eliminated Rambot from the competition.
- Although Rambot was named after rams, the male sheep, rambots would later become a term popularised by Team Tornado, referring to any robot which uses a wedge or brute force as its primary weapon.
- Like Double Trouble, Rambot's loss involved a former or future semi-finalist.
- Team Challenge was one of only two teams from Hertfordshire to win a battle. The other was Team Make Robotics.
- Both teams fought each other in Series 4.