- "The team that brought us Skarab last time around walk like Egyptians again! Rameses the Second, with an unusual high-density industrial polyethelene shell which could clog up chainsaws. And then there's always that spring-loaded arm, to bring the opposition a winter of discontent!"
- — Jonathan Pearce introduces Rameses II
- "It's an improvement over the robot we had in the last wars in that we've gone from wheels to tracks, which means we'd have got no ground clearance problems anymore. We've also improved the hammer mechanism, which is very similar to the one that we had in the last war. We've also now got very thick plastic armour, which is very, very light, but very hard to cut if you're set up to cut steel, which is what the robots around here all seem to be set up to cut."
- — Chris Crosskey
Rameses II was similar in design to its predecessor Skarab. It was a tracked box-shaped robot armed in high density industrial polyethylene, designed to stop chainsaws, and was among the few robots prior to the reboot to use HDPE armour. Its weapon was a spring-loaded hammer weapon like that of Skarab. Also like its predecessor, it had a very low top speed of just 3mph. The robot continued the Egyptian theme started with Skarab as it was named after the famous Egyptian Pharaoh. The robot cost £1500.
- "All it's electronics were exposed at the back and it's weapon was the hammer mechanism off last year's Scarab. In one round it used a mace which got the camera on Matilda. It had tracks and so 0 ground clearance (go figure) and had a surprising amount of pushing force."
- — Oliver Steeples on Rameses II
In the Gauntlet, Rameses II took the centre route and slowly pushed through the bricks, almost overturning itself as it used the hammer to move them out of the way. It then went over the ramp into Matilda where its progress was halted, as the House Robot almost tipped it over. Rameses II landed its own blow on Matilda's chainsaw, and it had done enough to go through.
The team fitted a mace (borrowed from Killertron as it had been on their predecessor Skarab) onto the hammer for the Joust Trial, and it was pushed back and turned onto its side by Matilda, but its hammer arm blocked the 'bridge' so that Matilda could not go any further.
In the Arena Semi-Final, Rameses II had an unlucky draw against the second seed, Mortis. Although the second seed launched a series of axe attacks, Rameses II's box shape prevented it from taking damage, as the tanto blade did not make contact with the top armour. Rameses II pushed Mortis back into a PPZ, where Shunt attacked. However, Rameses II's advantage was lost when an arena floor spike pushed it up and its grip on the arena floor was lost. Matilda cornered Rameses II in the PPZ and it was unable to escape, allowing Sir Killalot to come in and raise it from the ground. Rameses II was placed sideways on the flame pit, and cease was called, as it had no way of recovering. This eliminated Rameses II from the competition.
- Craig Charles: "It was a bit scary when Killalot picked you up and dangled you over the fire and barbecued you like a burger."
- Team Isis: "Well, we are flameproof, no worries about the fire."
- — The team defend Rameses II's durability
|RAMESES II - RESULTS|
|The Second Wars - UK Championship|
Heat, Arena Semi-Final
|Heat C, Gauntlet||10.9m (3rd)||Qualified|
|Heat C, Trial (Joust)||5.0m (4th)||Qualified|
|Heat C, Semi-Final||vs. Mortis (2)||Lost|
- Wins: 0
- Losses: 1
NOTE: Rameses II's successful Gauntlet and Trial runs are not included
|Series||Rameses II Series Record|
|The First Wars||Entered with Skarab|
|The Second Wars||Heat, Arena Semi-Final|
Super Heavyweight Championship with Automatic Jack (Jonathan Attias)
|The Third Wars||Not selected as Thutmoses III|
|The Fourth Wars||Did not enter|
|The Fifth Wars||Did not enter|
|The Sixth Wars||Did not enter|
|The Seventh Wars||Did not enter|
|Series 8||Did not enter|
|Series 9||Did not enter|
|Series 10||Did not enter|
Outside Robot Wars
- Rameses II was possibly the first competitor in Robot Wars to use high-density polyethylene (HDPE) armour, many years before this became commonly accepted in robotic combat.
- The team intended to enter the following series with Thutmoses III, but the team were not seen on the show again after Series 2.