- "A coal scuttle on wheels"
- — Jonathan Pearce on Rampage
Rampage was a triangular wedge-shaped robot armed with a 7" cutting disc on the rear, and mild steel rammers on the front. It had a mild steel chassis underneath a stainless steel and aluminium shell with a Derby County Football Club rams motif. The robot was powered by two 12 volt batteries, giving it a top speed of 8mph. The motors were from a wheelchair. It took 3 months to build, costing over £300. It was over 3kg over the weight limit for heavyweight robots at the time.
Rampage tried to take the Sentinel route in the Gauntlet, but as it drove down the route, an arena spike came up and punctured one of Rampage's tyres. This left Rampage spinning around on one wheel.
- "They've got to get off that! … They're stuck here, on one of the spikes!"
- — Jonathan Pearce
As Rampage span on the spot, the spike continued lifting it up. This made Rampage spin around on one wheel. Dead Metal and Sir Killalot came in, and together, the two House Robots pinned Rampage in the top corner. As Dead Metal held it, the House Robot brought down its circular saw, ripping up the top of Rampage's front shovel. Time ran out, and Rampage had managed to travel just 3 metres.
- "Hardly a rampage!"
- — Jonathan Pearce on Rampage's run
This left Rampage last on the leaderboard and it was eliminated.
- "Rampage? Ravaged, more like! You spent all that time polishing it!"
- — Philippa Forrester inspects the damage after the Gauntlet run
|RAMPAGE - RESULTS|
|The Second Wars - UK Championship|
|Heat H, Gauntlet||3.0m (6th)||Eliminated|
|Series||Rampage Series Record|
|The First Wars||Did not enter|
|The Second Wars||Heat, Gauntlet|
|The Third Wars||Did not enter|
|The Fourth Wars||Did not enter|
|The Fifth Wars||Did not enter|
|The Sixth Wars||Did not enter|
|The Seventh Wars||Did not enter|
|Series 8||Did not enter|
|Series 9||Did not enter|
|Series 10||Did not enter|
- Rampage is one of 20 robots never to fight in robot combat, having only ever been in the Gauntlet or Trial.