Ramrombit was a robot that appeared in Series 2 of Robot Wars. It was built and designed specifically for the Inferno Insurrection exhibition match, where it and Nemesis were sprayed with paraffin and set alight by Sergeant Bash purely for the crowd's entertainment. The robot was driven by George Francis of Team Chaos, and could also be seen backstage in the pits with other robots and roboteers in later series.
Ramrombit was designed as a 'sacrificial' robot by the Robot Wars technical crew, featuring a tall humanoid-like design with a silver head and a long flowing cape reaching down to its baseplate. No weapons were fitted to the robot, as it was solely intended for exhibition matches.
Ramrombit's only appearance came in the Inferno Insurrection, an exhibition match aired during The Grudge Matches special featuring it, Nemesis and House Robot Sergeant Bash. It and Nemesis were sprayed in paraffin before the battle started, and were set alight instantly as they charged straight towards Sergeant Bash. Both robots continued to drive close to Sergeant Bash before Ramrombit began billowing black smoke and emitting sparks, becoming completely engulfed in flames as it was pushed by Sergeant Bash.
- "Ah, it's a Catherine wheel, Ramrombit! Ah, fireworks, that's brilliant!"
- — Jonathan Pearce's delight as Ramrombit smoulders and sheds fire
Ramrombit finished the battle spinning and billowing red smoke from its head, and as this was an exhibition match, no winner was declared.
|RAMROMBIT - RESULTS|
|The Grudge Matches|
|Inferno Insurrection||vs. Nemesis, Sergeant Bash||No Winner|
|NOTE: This was an exhibition battle in which both robots went into the arena sprayed with paraffin and were set on fire by Sergeant Bash. No winner was announced.|
|Series||Ramrombit Series Record|
|The First Wars||Did not enter|
|The Second Wars||Inferno Insurrection|
|The Third Wars||Did not enter|
|The Fourth Wars||Did not enter|
|The Fifth Wars||Did not enter|
|The Sixth Wars||Did not enter|
|The Seventh Wars||Did not enter|
|Series 8||Did not enter|
|Series 9||Did not enter|
|Series 10||Did not enter|
- The name Ramrombit is derived from the acronyms RAM (Random Access Memory), ROM (Read Only Memory) and the memory measurement "bit", all related to computing.
- As Ramrombit's only appearance was a special exhibition battle where there was no winner, nor was the fight officially declared a draw, this makes Ramrombit the only robot to appear on the show and fight a battle without ever winning, losing or drawing a battle.
- Ramrombit's head resembles those of the Smash Martians.