- "CARNAGE! MASSACRE! DESTRUCTION!
Everything you need to know about the Fourth Great Robot War... and more!
You've lived through the battles, watched the carnage and marvelled at the engineering. Now you can learn about every robot that appeared in the Fourth Great Robot War. From their dimensions to their speed, from their unique features to their power, it's all catalogued here in full colour in The Official Robot Guide.
Three, two, one... ACTIVATE!"
- — Blurb on the back cover
Robot Wars: The Official Robot Guide is a book published during the run of the Fourth Wars featuring information about the robots taking part and also the format of the main competition and side competitions.
The Guide contained the format of series 4, detailed descriptions of the house robots, followed by detailed descriptions of every robot that competed in the fourth wars, in order of heat.
Errors & Omissions
There are many errors in the Official Robot Guide such as:
- Razer's Series 3 performance is listed as "Pinball Game Champion" but its performance in the main competition is missing.
- Bodyhammer's Series 2 performance isn't listed in Pussycat's previous performances, though its first wars performance is. Similarly, Detonator's performance isn't listed in Shadow of Napalm's previous performances as with Wheely Big Cheese and The Mule.
- Robo Doc is listed as losing in the heat final to King Buxton, a bout that happened in the heat semi-finals.
- Berserk 2 is listed to have competed in the "Heavyweight Showdown", not the Super Showdown. Also, Kick Robut is listed as "Kick Robot".
- Dreadnaut's Second Wars performance isn't listed.
- Killertron is listed as coming "Third Place in Grand Final" in the Third Wars, the series that the machine didn't even enter. A more minor error mentioned on the Killertron page states that it lost to Panic Attack in the playoff, when this happened in the eliminator. Roadblock was the robot to defeat Killertron in the Playoff.
- Triterobot is listed as Tri-Terra-Bot in Mousetrap's previous performances. This mistake is also made in Robot Wars: The Ultimate Guide
- Jim Struts' win in the Reserve Rumble of Series 2 isn't listed in Arnold, Arnold Terminegger's previous performances.
- S.M.I.D.S.Y.'s loss in Series 3 is listed to have been in the second round, not in the first.
- Spikasaurus is misspelled as Spikeasaurus.
- Diotoir (as Nemesis) is said to have been beaten by Roadblock in series 1 in the heat final, and in series 2 to be beaten by Onslaught in the heat final, when on both occasions, this was in the heat semi-final.
- Dreadnaut is listed as losing in the heat final to Wedgehog in series 1, even though this happened in the heat semi-finals.
- Wheelosaurus, in Series 2 is said to have been beaten by Chaos in the heat final, when this happened in the arena semi-final.
- Inquisitor is misspelled as Inquisition in Razer's Battle History.
- Onslaught doesn't have any information for Series 2 despite competing in Series 2.