- "Tonight sees the return of one of my favourite robots, are there any Firestorm fans in tonight?! If any robot, deserves to win this championship, it's Firestorm, who after years of nearly getting there, still haven't got their hands on the title, well, have they come back with what it takes?"
- — Craig Charles
Heat P of Robot Wars: The Seventh Wars was the sixteenth and last heat which determined the Semi-Finalists of Robot Wars: The Seventh Wars. The episode featuring Heat P was originally broadcast on February 15, 2004 on Five.
|Dimensions||0.85 x 0.78 x 0.78m|
|Power||2 x 750W electric motors|
|From: Haarlem, The Netherlands|
|Team Members: Erik Cornelissen, Rien Groenenwegen & Con Taal|
|Dimensions||0.60 x 0.70 x 0.70m|
|Power||3 x 600W electric motors|
|Weapons||Rotating outer shell|
|Strengths||Compact & destructive|
|From: Balta, Scotland|
|Team Members: Graham Adams, Simon Parkes & Jacqueline Corgan|
|Dimensions||0.36 x 1.38 x 1.03m|
|Power||2 x 500W electric motors|
|Weapons||Hydraulic flipper & cutter|
|Strengths||High tensile armour|
|From: Dorking, Surrey|
|Team Members: Peter Leach, Bob Leach & Jon Leach|
|Black and Blue|
|Dimensions||0.13 x 0.47 x 0.65m|
|Power||2 x 1KW electric motors|
|From: Fishponds, Bristol|
|Team Members: Stan Launchbury & Jason Launchbury|
|Firestorm 5 (seeded 2nd)|
|Dimensions||0.33 x 1.10 x 0.93m|
|Power||3KW electric motor|
|Strengths||Fast & manoeuvrable|
|Weaknesses||2 Wheel drive only|
|From: Langley Moor, County Durham|
|Team Members: Graham Bone & Hazel Heslop|
|Reptirron The Second|
|Dimensions||0.60 x 0.90 x 0.82m|
|Power||2 x 1200W electric motors|
|Weapons||High pressure lifter & disc|
|From: Drybrook, Gloucestershire|
|Team Members: Gordon Townley & Cheryl Townley|
|Dimensions||0.64 x 1.38 x 1.15m|
|Power||2 x 750W electric motors|
|From: Newcastle, Staffordshire|
|Team Members: John Findlay, Steven Johnson & David Findlay|
|Dimensions||0.52 x 1.08 x 1.08m|
|Power||2 x 460W electric motors|
|Strengths||4 Wheel drive|
|Weaknesses||High power usage|
|From: West Cranmore, Somerset|
|Team Members: Alex Cotterell, Andrew Cotterell & Fox Abrahams|
Firestorm 5 (2) vs Daisy-Cutter vs Bamm Bamm vs Black and BlueEdit
Firestorm 5 immediately flipped Black over, and then drove at Blue and Bamm Bamm and thrust them both over. Black and Blue were invertible so they carried on going, but Bamm Bamm couldn't self-right.
- "Bamm Bamm hasn't been able to self-right, with what looks like a dentists drill axe, rather spindly I feel, and they're on the pit already, so, that's what happens when the release was activated - bye, bye, Bamm Bamm."
- — Jonathan Pearce
Black then drove at Firestorm 5 and flew over the top of it, before the number 2 seed engaged with Black again and threw it into the angle grinder, next to Blue. Daisy-Cutter then came across and hit Black twice, while Firestorm 5 pushed Bamm Bamm onto the closed pit, before pushing the release button, which saw Bamm Bamm descend into oblivion.
- "Some debris showers onto the top of Firestorm 5 - keeping out of damage way, and then levering Black and Blue towards the precipice. One goes, both go, altogether, over and out."
- — Jonathan Pearce
Meanwhile Black and Blue were hardly moving and Daisy-Cutter attacked Blue, before Firestorm 5 came in and pitted it, thus eliminating Black and Blue from the competition.
Qualified: Daisy-Cutter & Firestorm 5
Reptirron The Second vs Ripper vs Aggrobot vs ZorroEdit
Aggrobot drove at Zorro, but Zorro's blades deflected it away and something flew off from one of the machines, and then Reptirron The Second immediately flipped Aggrobot over. Aggrobot kept going, but Ripper flipped Zorro over and it was unable to self-right. Ripper spectacularly flipped Aggrobot numerous times and Reptirron The Second pushed it around while Refbot counted Zorro out.
- "There's Ripper, looking powerful again."
- — Jonathan Pearce on Ripper's impressive start
Reptirron The Second flipped Aggrobot also, before getting beached on top of it. Mr. Psycho put Zorro on The Drop Zone, but it landed the right way up and drove away, as Mr. Psycho gave chase. Meanwhile Aggrobot activated the pit release button and Reptirron The Second flipped it again.
- "I think they've [Ripper] done enough anyway to go through. It's between Reptirron and Aggrobot for me, the second place"
- — Jonathan Pearce as the battle draws to a close
Mr. Psycho finally caught Zorro and pitted it. Time ran out and the judges put Reptirron The Second and Ripper through.
Qualified: Reptirron The Second & Ripper
Firestorm 5 (2) vs Reptirron The SecondEdit
Firestorm 5 immediately got underneath Reptirron The Second and pushed it around before flipping it into Shunt's CPZ. Shunt attacked Reptirron The Second as it tried to right itself, and Firestorm 5 threw it towards the arena wall.
- "Reptirron The Second is in deadly peril here, in that CPZ."
- — Jonathan Pearce as Reptirron fails to self-right
The Second still couldn't self-right and Firestorm 5 tried to throw it out of the arena twice without success, before taking a run-up and throwing up against the side wall. Firestorm 5 took another run-up and finally threw Reptirron The Second over the arena wall, with steam emitted out of Reptirron the Second.
- "CO2 venting, sparks flying in the arena, and that's the end, Firestorm 5 through to the Heat Final, and in impressive style."
- — Jonathan Pearce as Firestorm 5 finishes off Reptirron The Second
Winner: Firestorm 5
Daisy-Cutter vs RipperEdit
Ripper immediately threw Daisy-Cutter up and over, leaving it unable to self-right. Refbot quickly counted Daisy-Cutter out and Ripper tried to flip Shunt without success.
- "And the Daisy Cutter, never bloomed."
- — Jonathan Pearce
Sir Killalot came to the rescue and pinned Ripper into the CPZ as Shunt activated the pit release button. Ripper escaped from Sir Killalot and flipped Refbot over as Shunt came on the attack.
- "Fortune favours the brave they say, but this is being churlish. They've flipped the Refbot!"
- — Jonathan Pearce as Ripper's assault on the House Robots continues
Sir Killalot pushed Refbot, causing the RefCam to fall out and Refbot showed him the red card. Ripper then flipped Shunt and, somehow, Sir Killalot's breastplate fell off. Ripper drove over the floor flipper, which was activated and threw it across the arena. Ripper was finally pitted by Sir Killalot, but went through anyway as Daisy-Cutter had long been immobilised.
After the battle, Refbot had to undergo repairs due to the damage caused by Ripper's attacks.
Firestorm 5 (2) vs RipperEdit
Prior to the match, Team Firestorm told Team Roaming Robots that if Ripper won the battle, they should not attack the House Robots, and if Firestorm 5 won, it pledged to destroy Ripper, with assistance from the House Robots, as vengeance for Ripper's attacks on Shunt and Refbot.
Ripper was at an immediate disadvantage due to damage sustained from the House Robots in the previous battle. Firestorm 5 immediately threw Ripper into the arena wall and turned it over, but then helped it to self-right. Firestorm 5 pursued Ripper but couldn't get underneath and Ripper tried to flip Firestorm 5, but missed its target. This allowed Firestorm 5 to get underneath and flip Ripper up against the arena wall, where it was left stranded.
- "I hope Ripper gets its big thrusting flipper working as well, because we haven't really seen it, or are they just waiting their moment, like that! But they missed! And Firestorm 5 gets underneath again and they hit! That's the difference in experience between the two, perhaps."
- — Jonathan Pearce as Firestorm 5 leaves Ripper stranded on the arena side wall after dodging Ripper's attack
Refbot counted Ripper out (a problem with the counter caused it to go from '21' up to '29' before reaching '10') and Firestorm 5 finally flipped Ripper out of the arena, ironically saving it from further harm.
- "Wait a minute. What's happened to the count? ...Refbot, have you gone Euro? I don't know. 28, 29, 10? He's gone daft! Firestorm 5 are the winners and Ripper out of the arena."
- — Jonathan Pearce on Refbot's faulty count, before Firestorm 5 throws Ripper out of the arena
Heat Winner: Firestorm 5
- "They seem such a lovely couple, but no-one ignores, the damage they cause, on Robot Wars!"
- — Craig Charles' sign-off
- Main article: Robot Wars: The Seventh Wars/Featherweight Championship
Between Round 1 and Round 2 of each heat (except Heat I), a 'Special Event' was shown. For Heat P, it was the 'Featherweight Final' between the six robots that had qualified from their battles earlier in the series.
Featherweight Champion: DTK
- Heat P was the final heat in Robot Wars, prior to its 11-year hiatus.
- Firestorm 5 scored two Out of the Arena flips in this heat, tying Chaos 2's record of six.
- Bamm Bamm's loss in Round 1 (without the wildcard system) made it the worst performance of that robot.
- This heat saw the second and last time that the Arena Floor Flipper flipped a robot out of the arena, flipping out the featherweight Rampage 2 in the Special Event.
- Ripper's immobilisation of Daisy-Cutter in the second round took only three seconds. This became the second quickest immobilization in Robot Wars. The full battle took thirty seconds, making it equal 24th in Shortest Battles in UK Robot Wars.
- This was the first and only time that Reptirron passed Round 1.
- In this heat, the Floor Flipper was activated on a mobile robot, when Ripper started attacking the House Robots.
- This episode was released on DVD by The Daily Express to promote Jetix and Fox Kids.