Heat C of Robot Wars: The Sixth Wars was the third of twelve heats which determined the Semi-Finalists of Robot Wars: The Sixth Wars. The episode featuring Heat C was originally broadcast on September 18, 2002 on BBC Choice and repeated on November 22, 2002 on BBC Two.
|Dimensions||0.36 x 1.20 x 0.80m|
|Power||2 x 750W motors|
|From: Chertsey in Surrey|
|Team Members: Michael Lambert, Daniel Lambert & Steven Gadsby|
|Dimensions||0.53 x 1.26 x 0.75m|
|From: Edinburgh in Scotland|
|Team Members: Riccardo de Felici, Scott Garland & Martin Cook|
|Dimensions||0.50 x 1.00 x 0.92m|
|Weapons||Vertical spinning disc|
|From: Beverley in East Yorkshire|
|Team Members: Paul Clark, Chris Clark & Kal Almuktar|
|Dimensions||0.26 x 0.95 x 0.80m|
|Power||4 x 750W motors|
|Weapons||Steel ramming spike|
|From: Wingrave in Aylesbury|
|Team Members: Perry Watkins, Dan Watkins & Jack Watkins|
|Chaos 2 (seeded 5th)|
|Dimensions||0.42 x 0.92 x 0.63m|
|Power||2 x 1KW motors|
|From: Bramford in Ipswich|
|Team Members: George Francis, Ian Swann & Richard Swann|
|Dimensions||0.40 x 1.35 x 0.85m|
|Power||36V electric motor|
|From: Hale in Cheshire|
|Team Members: Ian Visser & Dominic Visser|
|Dimensions||0.61 x 1.23 x 0.78m|
|Power||2 x 800W motors|
|Weapons||Axe and flipper|
|From: Low Ham in Somerset|
|Team Members: Gilbert Grimm, Robert Grimm & Adrian Moore|
|Dimensions||0.66 x 1.35 x 0.62m|
|Power||2 x 800W motors|
|Weapons||High speed rammer|
|Strengths||Fast & manoeuvrable|
|From: Clifton in Nottingham|
|Team Members: Trevor Wright, Matthew Wright & Tony Hillier|
Chaos 2 (5) vs Destructosaur vs Iron-Awe 2 vs Mighty Mouse
Chaos 2 flipped Destructosaur over almost instantly, flipping itself over in the process, but it then quickly self-righted. Iron-Awe 2 landed a blow with its axe onto Destructosaur, although Chaos 2 overturned Iron-Awe 2 shortly afterwards. This was before it was then targeted and thrown out of the arena by Chaos 2, as it was lingering too close to the arena side wall. Mighty Mouse then began to run away from Chaos 2, knowing it now just had to beat the count of Destructosaur's demise. Careless driving allowed Chaos 2 to get the occasional light flip on Mighty Mouse, but no real damage or danger was caused, as Chaos 2's flipper had broken after flipping Iron-Awe out.
- "Boo Chaos 2, boo! Don't attack our little mouse!"
- — Jonathan Pearce as the mouse is pursued by the seed
Destructosaur was eventually counted out by the Refbot, and thrown by the arena floor flipper, the flipper itself struggling to flip the heavy machine, meaning that Mighty Mouse had survived.
Qualified: Chaos 2 & Mighty Mouse
Mr Nasty vs Doctor Fist vs Crushtacean vs Dantomkia
Doctor Fist was immobilised almost from the start, as one of the two petrol engines had already broken before the bout had started, and off-screen, Doctor Fist had been flipped onto its side, where it could not self-right from. Mr Nasty was pushed around by Crushtacean, which cut off Mr Nasty's aerial. This meant that the battle had been decided within the opening seconds, leaving the two qualifiers, Dantomkia and Crushtacean, to fight alone.
- "Mr Nasty is in all sorts of trouble out there."
- — Jonathan Pearce
Dantomkia nearly got Crushtacean out of the arena on its first flip, and managed to wedge Crushtacean up against the wall. Dantomkia then did the same to the immobile Mr Nasty. Crushtacean was picked up by Sir Killalot and dragged around the arena. It then escaped but temporarily broke down and was thrown around by Dantomkia. Doctor Fist was finally knocked down from its position of immobility by Dantomkia, but by this moment, Doctor Fist had already broken down, and was counted out by Refbot.
- "They didn't make much of a fist of it at all, did they?"
- — Jonathan Pearce as Doctor Fist is counted out
Mr Nasty and Doctor Fist were finally pitted simultaneously by Sir Killalot and Sergeant Bash, putting Dantomkia through, and also Crushtacean, despite receiving heavy punishment.
Qualified: Dantomkia & Crushtacean
Chaos 2 (5) vs CrushtaceanChaos 2 initially struggled to flip Crushtacean head on because it was just the right size to grab hold of it. Chaos 2 flipped forwards on Crushtacean and bounced back onto an angle grinder, wedging itself on it. Chaos 2 eventually escaped but continued to get caught in Crushtacean's grasp. Crushtacean was thrown around by Chaos 2 before it opened up the pit, only to then reverse into it. Notably, this was the first time Mr. Psycho was in the arena with a robot other than Growler.
- "And they crab sideways, back down into the pool, and the Pit of Oblivion."
- — Jonathan Pearce as Crushtacean pits itself
Winner: Chaos 2
Mighty Mouse vs Dantomkia
Mighty Mouse used its traditional tactic of evading its opponent in the hope it would break down or go down the pit. It was thrown around by Dantomkia before getting stuck up against the Spinner release button. Refbot freed it, only for Dantomkia to tip it onto its side. Dantomkia then freed Mighty Mouse and drove it over to the arena side wall, where, after two attempts at it, Dantomkia flipped Mighty Mouse out of the arena, securing victory.
- "The tail came off, but the end of this particular tale, is gory for fans of mice."
- — Jonathan Pearce
Chaos 2 (5) vs DantomkiaChaos 2 threw Dantomkia over to the arena wall, and then flipped itself and Dantomkia over on the second flipping attempt. Dantomkia self-righted, but Shunt drove in and pushed Chaos 2 up against the arena wall before it had a chance to self-right. Chaos 2 kept flipping itself into the wall, blocking it from self-righting properly, until Dantomkia drove in and got underneath it, before flipping it sideways. Chaos 2 briefly balanced on the wall, before toppling sideways out of the arena.
- "And they're out, over and out, Chaos 2 have gone! For the first time ever that machine has failed to reach a series semi-final."
- — Jonathan Pearce as Dantomkia secures a famous victory
- "We've had some surprises, and some real uproars, now Chaos 2 are out, of Robot Wars!"
- — Craig Charles' sign-off
- This heat marked the first time that a previous champion was knocked out of the heats, as Series 3 and 4 champ Chaos 2 fell in the heat final. The other heats were Heat I of the 6th Wars and Heat M of the 7th Wars, both seeing Panic Attack beaten, Razer in the first Heat of Series 8, and defending champion Apollo in Heat 5 of Series 9.
- This heat was the first time that Dantomkia qualified for the main competition.
- This was the final time that Chaos 2 appeared in the main competition, and the only time that it failed to reach the Series Semi-Finals. It was the first seed in Series 6 to fall.
- Chaos 2's very last Out of the Arena flip was in this heat, against Iron-Awe 2 in the first round. Interestingly, Dantomkia's first ever Out of the Arena flip occurred against Mighty Mouse three battles later.
- This episode contains exactly half of the total number of Out of the Arenas achieved in Series 6, with three out of the six flips performed in this episode.
- The post-Heat Final interview with Mike Lambert of Team Dantomkia was used in a sketch on "Harry Hill's TV Burp", which mocked the esoteric terms used by roboteers.