Heat K of Robot Wars: The Sixth Wars was the eleventh of twelve heats which determined the Semi-Finalists of Robot Wars: The Sixth Wars. The episode featuring Heat K was originally broadcast on September 30, 2002 on BBC Choice and repeated on January 31, 2003 on BBC Two.
|Dimensions||0.53 x 0.66 x 0.66m|
|Power||3 x 24V wheelchair motors|
|Strengths||Compact & destructive|
|Weaknesses||No self-righting mechanism|
|From: Bradninch, Exeter|
|Team Members: Alistair Harlow, Tim Harlow & Jenny Harlow|
|Dimensions||0.50 x 1.30 x 0.70m|
|Power||2HP petrol engine|
|Weapons||6 Ton clamp|
|From: Dublin, Ireland|
|Team Members: Benny Karstel & Andrew Karstel|
|Dimensions||0.49 x 0.71 x 1.18m|
|Power||2 x 500W HUB Motors|
|Weapons||Full body spinner|
|Strengths||Made of plastic|
|Weaknesses||Made of plastic|
|From: Horsham, West Sussex|
|Team Members: Simon Rafferty, Guy Radford & Chris Watts|
|Dimensions||0.39 x 0.92 x 0.70m|
|Power||2 x 750W electric motors|
|Strengths||Durable & strong|
|Weaknesses||Exudes gas when angry|
|From: Cannock, Staffordshire|
|Team Members: Tony Somerfield & Robert Somerfield|
|Granny's Revenge 2|
|Dimensions||1.27 x 1.33 x 0.56m|
|Power||500W electric motor|
|Strengths||Manouverable & fast|
|From: Charvil, Reading|
|Team Members: Trevor Andrew, Phillip Andrew & Ben Andrew|
|Hypno-Disc (seeded 4th)|
|Dimensions||0.47 x 1.22 x 0.74m|
|Power||2 x 750W electric motors|
|Weaknesses||Low pushing power|
|From: Banbury, Oxfordshire|
|Team Members: Dave Rose, Derek Rose & Ken Rose|
|Dimensions||1.15 x 1.25 x 0.84m|
|Power||2 x 1000W electric motors|
|From: Addlestone, Surrey|
|Team Members: Keith Williams, Georje Reed & Julie-Ann Williams|
|Revenge of Trouble & Strife|
|Dimensions||0.48 x 1.27 x 0.78m|
|Power||2 x Modified engine 1000W|
|Strengths||Armour & smokescreen|
|From: Belbroughton, Worcestershire|
|Team Members: Peter Forsey, Jake Forsey & Sam Forsey|
Hypno-Disc (4) vs Granny's Revenge 2 vs 4x4 vs Barber-Ous 2Edit
The fight quickly begun with Barber-Ous 2 drawing Granny's Revenge 2 into an empty CPZ, hitting Granny's Revenge with its spinning drum, nearly toppling the tall robot out the arena. Granny's Revenge fell back in, and was lightly torched by a flicker of flame from Sgt. Bash and was dragged out by the house robot. Meanwhile, Barber-Ous 2 attacked and immobilised 4x4, ripping off the cloth attachments designed to stop Hypno-Disc's weapon, before Barber-Ous itself was immobilised by Hypno-Disc after taking blows from the 4th seed. Granny's Revenge 2 meanwhile, having been dragged into the arena centre by Sergeant Bash, was counted out by Refbot and was up in flames, placed on the Drop Zone, and the burning wreckage was crushed by a cooker.
- "Granny's Revenge 2 is about to be counted out, she's smoking already! Granny, don't smoke, it's bad for your health."
- — Jonathan Pearce
Barber-Ous 2 was the last robot to be immobilised so it joined Hypno-Disc to go through.
Qualified: Hypno-Disc & Barber-Ous 2
Bulldog Breed vs Kat 3 vs Revenge of Trouble & Strife vs Spin DoctorEdit
Bulldog Breed charged in for Spin Doctor flipping it onto its side, only to be knocked back on its wheels by Sir Killalot. Meanwhile, Kat 3 fired its axe in trying to hit Revenge of Trouble & Strife but missed and from then on the axe stayed in the fired position. Bulldog Breed then flipped Revenge of Trouble & Strife over where it couldn't self-right despite the flipper and was counted out by Refbot, meanwhile Bulldog Breed threw Spin Doctor over into the CPZ where it too couldn't recover and was crushed by Sgt. Bash's pincer causing it to go up in smoke.
- "They say that the weaponry, the pneumatic flipper there, acts as a srimech. I'm not too sure."
- — Jonathan Pearce as Revenge of Trouble & Strife sits motionless on its back
Bulldog Breed then overturned Kat 3 and pitted it after Revenge of Trouble & Strife but Spin Doctor was immobilised first as it got counted out by Refbot and was thrown by the arena floor flipper.
Qualified: Bulldog Breed & Kat 3
Hypno-Disc (4) vs Bulldog BreedEdit
This battle was a grudge match after Bulldog Breed lost to Hypno-Disc in its heat final in Series 5. Hypno-Disc immediately got its disc up to speed before Bulldog Breed rushed in throwing the seeded machine up in the air but Hypno-Disc landed back on its wheels (damaging the arena floor in the process). Bulldog Breed missed another flip and took some bashes from Hypno-Disc which immobilised one wheel causing it to go round in circles, it was attacked by Dead Metal despite trying to flip the house robot away.
- "It was that huge thrust by Hypno-Disc; the weapon spinning at 900 rpm and weighing 20 kilos, that was so destructive."
- — Jonathan Pearce as Bulldog Breed sits immobile
Bulldog Breed was then counted out by Refbot and Hypno-Disc won the fight.
Barber-Ous 2 vs Kat 3Edit
Kat 3 missed with its first axe blow and Barber-Ous 2 struck Kat 3's side removing a chunk of its side armour before overturning it and pushing the axe-wielding robot towards the wall.
- "When Barber-Ous 2 moves with a menace, it can thrust anything away. It has just tossed 97 kilos of Kat 3 across the arena."
- — Jonathan Pearce on Barber-Ous 2's impressive onslaught
Kat 3, on its side, attempted to self-right, but was unable to after the axe head was damaged. Kat 3 was subsequently counted out by Refbot and eliminated. Sir Killalot then dragged Kat 3 onto the floor flipper where in another attempt at self-righting the latter lost the end of its own axe after it had been almost torn off by Sir Killalot's claw. Kat 3 was then thrown into the air, and cease was finally called.
Winner: Barber-Ous 2
Hypno-Disc (4) vs Barber-Ous 2Edit
Both robots got their weapons up to speed and circled around each other before Hypno-Disc hit Barber-Ous 2, also getting thrown by Barber-Ous 2's drum at the same time, but Barber-Ous 2 had lost mobility after the hit from the 3-time UK Grand-Finalist.
- "Has the one spin of the disc knocked Barber-Ous still?"
- — Jonathan Pearce
Barber-Ous 2's drum was still spinning so Hypno-Disc bashed it once more which stopped it and also damaged the plastic shell. Further hits from Hypno-Disc edged Barber-Ous 2 closer to the pit, where Refbot counted out the immobilised Barber-Ous 2, before Shunt finished it off by shoving it into the pit.
Heat Winner: Hypno-Disc
- "When Hypno-Disc spins, and the motor roars, get out of the way, it's Robot Wars!"
- — Craig Charles' sign-off
- Hypno-Disc's victory over Barber-Ous 2 in the Heat Final proved to be the last time Hypno-Disc would ever win a battle in Robot Wars.
- This was the only time that Barber-Ous made it past the first round in any contest.
- This heat also saw numerous robots aligned once more in the UK Championship.
- This episode saw Bulldog Breed face[Hypno-Disc for a second time in consecutive series.
- Three robots from Robot Wars: The Fifth Wars/Heat J - Barber-Ous, Kat 3 and a robot from Team Monad (previously Monad, now 4x4) - were in this heat.
- It was the second of three times that Bulldog Breed and Team KaterKiller were in the same heat.
- Hypno-Disc was made the only seed in the Sixth Wars to not have its seed announced by Robot Wars announcer, Stuart McDonald.
- Along with Heat C and Heat I, there were no judges' decisions in this heat.