- "...and what they lack in mass, they make up for in mass destruction!"
- — Craig Charles
The Featherweight Championship of Robot Wars Extreme: Series 1 was a single battle event shown in Episode 13 of Robot Wars Extreme: Series 1. This Featherweight Championship was contested by just two machines, which were required to weigh less than 11.4kg, making it the smallest class to fight in the main arena.
|Dimensions||0.45m x 0.3m x 0.8m|
|Power||8v Electric Motors|
|Strengths||Fast & Agile|
|Weaknesses||Effectiveness of Weapon|
|From: Broadheath, Manchester|
|Team Members: Tommy Winkworth, Lindy Robinson, John Lowe|
|Dimensions||0.69m x 0.37m x 0.27m|
|Power||7.2v Electric Motors|
|Weapons||Ramp & Spikes|
|Weaknesses||High Ground Clearance|
|From: East Sussex|
|Team Members: Jason Halsey, Stefan Halsey, Stephen Halsey|
RC Warrior vs Beef-CakeEdit
- "Size doesn't matter on Robot Wars. And to prove it, I'm here with RC Warrior and Beef-Cake. Welcome, teams... you nutters!"
- — Julia Reed introduces the Featherweight contenders before they enter the arena
The two robots began with Beef-Cake shoving RC Warrior, before spinning away, and running away from RC Warrior. The two robots danced away from each other, occasionally colliding, before Beef-Cake pushed RC Warrior into the CPZ, but no House Robot intervened, and both robots escaped unharmed.
- "This is ballet! This is Robot Wars ballet! Look at them, pirouetting and dancing and away, zippy nippy!"
- — Jonathan Pearce as Beef-Cake darts around RC Warrior
More dodging ensued, before RC Warrior broke down over the pit, and Beef-Cake rammed Shunt. Beef-Cake then pressed the pit release, and RC Warrior slowly descended into the pit, a tactic that Razer would later use against Raging Reality during the first heat of the Sixth Wars.
- "Oh, err, no, no, this isn't fair! Don't take on Beef-Cake, now you've - aw, you've flipped him over - he's like a little beetle - YOU'VE CRUSHED HIM! Oh no, you've crushed him, Killalot! Oh that is so cruel! Now, I'm hardened to Robot Wars. I don't care if any of them get smashed up to be honest, but not this little tiddler!"
- — Jonathan Pearce as Beef-Cake is attacked by the House Robots
Beef-Cake then ran into Shunt again, and was punished for it by being turned over by Shunt, and then squashed by Sir Killalot. Shunt then attacked Beef-Cake with hisaxe, before Sir Killalot tried to pick it up with the claw, but Beef-Cake was too small, and slipped through Killalot's grasp. The destruction of Beef-Cake did not go down well with the audience, or Jonathan Pearce, and especially not with the team itself.
- "I think that's a bit unfair... it's horrible. We were unable to protect ourselves and they just ran over us."
- — Tommy Winkworth of Team Zap objects to the House Robots' attacks
Featherweight Champion: Beef-Cake
- With only two competitors, this Featherweight Championship featured the fewest entries out of any championship in this weight category.
- Notably, both competitors were considerably lighter than the maximum featherweight limit, weighing only 4kg each.
- Beef-Cake took the Featherweight Championship title off of then-defending champion Demolisher, which was also well below the weight limit, and based on a radio-controlled car.