- "Tonight, the House Robots have come out of the sidelines, and they want some action. It's our House Robot Rebellion!"
- — Craig Charles
The House Robot Rebellion of Robot Wars Extreme: Series 1 was the main event of Episode 9 of Robot Wars Extreme: Series 1. The battle featured three competitor robots battling against three House Robots in the arena, the first of two battles of its kind to be held in the UK versions of Robot Wars.
Competing Robots[edit | edit source]
Competitors[edit | edit source]
|Dimensions||1.20 x 1.00 x 0.40m|
|Power||24V Electric Motors|
|Weapons||Slicing Claw & Lifter|
|Weaknesses||Lack of Control|
|From: Alton in Hampshire|
|Team Members: Mike Onslow, Bryan Kilburn|
|Statistics not displayed|
|From: Nutley in East Sussex|
|Team Members: Geoff Smith, John Bell, Sarah Bell|
|Dimensions||0.71 x 0.61 x 0.38m|
|Power||2 x 24V Electric Motors|
|Strengths||Heavy Duty Weapon|
|From: Branston, Lincoln|
|Team Members: Kevin Scott, Karl Skinner, Tim Mann|
During the course of the episode, it was revealed that all three teams intended to take out the House Robots on their own before turning on their teammates.
- "But don't tell anyone"
- — Bryan Kilburn, Kevin Scott and Sarah Bell to Julia Reed after revealing their plans
Starting House Robots[edit | edit source]
|Dimensions||1.6 x 1.0 x 0.7m|
|Power||Dual Electric Motors|
|Weapons||Pincer & 3000 RPM Saw|
|Dimensions||1.3 x 1.1 x 0.7m|
|Power||Prototype Electric Motors|
|Weapons||Diamond Edged Axe & Scoop|
|Strengths||Phenomenal Pushing Power|
|Weaknesses||Inability To Self-Right|
The Rebellion[edit | edit source]
- "For us, Dead Metal with the pincer, the 3000RPM saw. Also thrown in for fun, Shunt with the axe and the scoop. Three against two? We still think they're good odds."
- — Jonathan Pearce before the battle
As the battle began, Shunt charged at Scorpion, missing the first attack with his axe. Scorpion used its lifting arm in an attempt to keep Shunt away from its body. Dead Metal attempted to grab hold of Stinger, who veered away, and the House Robot was rammed slightly by Plunderbird 5. Moments later, Dead Metal grabbed Plunderbird and cut into it with his saw. Plunderbird already appeared to have lost drive on one side and was suddenly thrown by the Floor Flipper, landing on top of Stinger.
- "Sorry, didn't we tell you about that? Ha Ha! Too late now!"
- — Jonathan Pearce as the arena fights for the House Robots
Scorpion attempted to ram into Dead Metal before all five converged near the flame pit. Stinger tried to use its mace to hit Dead Metal, causing little damage, whilst Plunderbird and Scorpion were pushed by Shunt into his fellow house robot, Plunderbird being axed as well. Stinger then activated the pit and drove away from Dead Metal, who attacked Scorpion instead. Stinger then hit Refbot, who quickly backed away.
- "Who had a go at the Refbot there? He's not part of it!"
- — Jonathan Pearce as Stinger tries to take the "safe" option
Moments later, Shunt pushed the limping Plunderbird into the pit, putting it out of the running.
- "Plunderbird have gone! Well, they were hardly in on the action at all, weren't they, Bryan Kilburn and Mike Onslow."
- — Jonathan Pearce as Plunderbird is quickly pitted.
Dead Metal and Stinger attempted to attack each other, with the House Robot charging into the angle grinder. Shunt then axed Scorpion and tried to push it into the pit, but was unable to due to Plunderbird's body blocking the way. Stinger attempted to hit Dead Metal again, but this time failed to escape in time as Dead Metal turned it onto its side and clutched hold of its axle. With both challengers trapped and at the mercy of the House Robots, Shunt pushed Scorpion onto the flame pit.
- "Again, you see, we hold all the aces. Were you brave or were you foolhardy? Who volunteers these days for anything? You did!"
- — Jonathan Pearce
Despite having Stinger in his clutches, Dead Metal seemed to have problems driving it towards the pit and Scorpion was resisting Shunt's attempts to pit it too. At that moment, however, the House Robots revealed their final trump-card, as Matilda entered the arena as a substitute, moments before Scorpion was finally pitted.
- "And Stinger's all that's left, and there's little left of Stinger!"
- — Jonathan Pearce as Stinger is left in a 3-on-1 battle
Dead Metal had dragged Stinger towards the other end of the arena and he began using his saw on the wheels, causing sparks to fly. Shunt also attempted to axe Stinger's wheels. All three House Robots surrounded Stinger, which suddenly broke free and hit Dead Metal and Shunt with its spike during the last seven seconds, before driving away, just as Cease was called.
- ""Down, down, go, go!" Only seven seconds for Stinger to survive. But we have our revenge! The House Robots came out to play, and they've enjoyed their picnic in the arena and how!"
- — Jonathan Pearce as the Rebellion finishes
As Stinger was the only one of the three challengers still mobile at the end, it was given the victory.
- "Out of all of our robots, we choose the cream, here on Robot Wars Extreme."
- — Craig Charles' sign-off