- "Well the idea behind the robot is to have fun and to try and win although winning is not important"
- — Team SCC website
Share + Destroy (also shortened to SADie) was a clusterbot built by Team SCC (Serious Cybernetics Corp), which was intended to enter Robot Wars: The Fourth Wars. A potential pioneer of the clusterbot concept along with Gemini, it ultimately failed to qualify for the televised series.
Team SCC's captain later expressed intentions to rework Share + Destroy for a later series, likely The Fifth Wars, as well as propose a second concept for a full-body spinner, Bot Blatter Beast Of Trall (shortened to B3T). However, it is unknown whether the team attempted to reapply for Robot Wars with either of these robots.
- "The robot is powered by two wheelchair motors speed control is from the same chair as the motors so will operate correctly the body shell is made from a stainless steel beer barrel inside there are four 12v 6.5 ah batteries and two sealy co2 cylinders"
- — Team SCC website
Share + Destroy was a two-part clusterbot, its drive system utilising two motors and a speed controller sourced from a wheelchair. The armour for both halves consisted of a stainless steel beer barrel (itself appearing to be hollow inside) which was split to enable it to take up their entire bodies, presenting a part-cylindrical shape. It is unclear whether this appearance would have allowed the barrel to serve as the basis for a possible rollover design. According to a list of components available on Team SCC's website (titled 'Cost of parts'), 20mm steel box section, stainless steel sheets and aluminium plating were also to be incorporated into Share + Destroy's overall construction.
A drawing for the final design suggested that the completed machine was to have a magenta and grey paint scheme, with shard graphics and distinctively-shaped 'front' and 'rear' ends when both halves were combined.
Limited information on Share + Destroy's proposed weaponry is available other than that Team SCC were to incorporate CO2-powered pneumatic systems, obtaining two cylinders, a fire extinguisher 'reservoir' and two actuators of varying dimensions for this purpose. On the partially-constructed machine, the inner frames included wedge-shaped protrusions, hinting towards the potential adoption of rear-hinged flippers. The design drawing, meanwhile, suggests that the 'front' segment was to have the upper section lined with serrated spikes, with the 'rear' segment possibly featuring an upward-angled attachment representing a raised flipper/lifter or even an overhead weapon. Another possibility for the latter is a flag pole, which at some stage was test-fitted to the partially-finished Share + Destroy along with its body panels. Finally, Team SCC's 'Cost of parts' list mentions a chainsaw obtained from a scrapyard, though it is unclear whether it was intended to be used as a weapon or as a source of additional components for the completed machine.
As most of its parts were sourced from scrapyards or skips, Share + Destroy cost only £47.09 to build, with a fire extinguisher and Nylon Bar material both being provided to Team SCC for free by a friend and North Lincolnshire College respectively.
Team SCC were founded by an unidentified student from North Lincolnshire College, who was joined by a consultant who helped him begin work on Share + Destroy for its proposed entry. The consultant was unable to attend Series 4, resulting in the team captain promoting vacancies for two potential teammates at one time on the homepage for its website.
|Series||Share + Destroy Series Record|
|The First Wars||Did not enter|
|The Second Wars||Did not enter|
|The Third Wars||Did not enter|
|The Fourth Wars||Failed to qualify|
|The Fifth Wars||Did not enter|
|The Sixth Wars||Did not enter|
|The Seventh Wars||Did not enter|
|Series 8||Did not enter|
|Series 9||Did not enter|
|Series 10||Did not enter|
- Along with Gemini, Share + Destroy was one of the first clusterbots to be built in the UK and to apply for any series of the Robot Wars TV show. However, of the two, only Gemini successfully entered the TV series.
- Coincidentally, both Share + Destroy and Gemini were built to enter Series 4.
- Share + Destroy's name may have been a play on 'Share and Enjoy', the slogan of the Sirius Cybernetics Corporation in The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. This is possibly substantiated by the 'Ideas' page on Team SCC's website, which openly stated their inspiration from the works of the franchise's author Douglas Adams.
- According to the Tectonic Robot Wars website, the two segments were to be individually named Marvin and Nivram respectively (the latter being Marvin spelt backwards). This naming may have been a reference to another element from The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, namely the character Marvin the Paranoid Android.
- The name for the proposed full-body spinner concept, Bot Blatter Beast of Trall, is a further reference to The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, namely the Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal, an incredibly vicious but 'mind-bogglingly stupid' wild animal.