- "Well the idea behind the robot is to have fun and to try and win although winning is not important"
- — Team SCC website
Share + Destroy was a clusterbot built by Team SCC (Serious Cybernetics Corp), which was intended to enter Series 4 of Robot Wars. It was not seen in action, as it failed to qualify for Series 4 and did not attempt to qualify for any other series thereafter.
Design[edit | edit source]
- "The robot is powered by two wheelchair motors speed control is from the same chair as the motors so will operate correctly the body shell is made from a stainless steel beer barrel inside there are four 12v 6.5 ah batteries and two sealy co2 cylinders"
- — Team SCC website
Share + Destroy was a two-part clusterbot powered by two wheelchair motors and using a stainless steel beer barrel as its bodyshell. Each robot used half of the barrel as its body, and was armed with a pneumatic flipper. The barrel did not appear to be substantially reinforced, making the robot potentially weak, while the design appeared to be vulnerable to other flippers despite the rollover design. Share + Destroy cost only £47.09 to build, with most of its parts being sourced from scrap yards or skips.
Series Record[edit | edit source]
|Series||Share + Destroy Series Record|
|The First Wars||Did not enter|
|The Second Wars||Did not enter|
|The Third Wars||Did not enter|
|The Fourth Wars||Failed to qualify|
|The Fifth Wars||Did not enter|
|The Sixth Wars||Did not enter|
|The Seventh Wars||Did not enter|
|Series 8||Did not enter|
|Series 9||Did not enter|
|Series 10||Did not enter|
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Along with Gemini, Share + Destroy was one of the first clusterbots to be built in the UK and to apply for any series of Robot Wars. However, of the two, only Gemini successfully entered the TV series.
- Coincidentally, both Share + Destroy and Gemini were built to enter Series 4.
- Share + Destroy's name may have been a play on 'Share and Enjoy', the slogan of the Sirius Cybernetics Corporation in The Hitch-Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy.
- According to the Tectonic website, the two smaller robots are called Marvin and Nivram (Marvin spelt backwards). This naming may have been a reference to another element from The Hitch-Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy, namely the character Marvin the Paranoid Android.
- Also according to the Tectonic website, Share + Destroy goes by the name SADie.