- "Weaponry here - rotating, piercing, painful, nasty..."
- — Philippa Forrester
Shrapnel was a robot that competed in the third series of Robot Wars. It boasted a very low ground clearance and a very high weight, but neither of these could prevent its easy disposal down the pit by its first and only opponent, The Big Cheese.
Shrapnel was a large silver box robot and featured an angled steel chassis and a modified lawnmower blade, which was altered into a staggered cutting drum and driven by one of the two wheelchair motors that the robot used.
In Shrapnel's only battle, its adversary was The Big Cheese. The big machine was the first robot to move, but it could not lift Shrapnel on its first attempt. On the second attempt, however, it picked up Shrapnel, catching it in one of its wheel surrounds in a similar style to Sir Killalot. In seconds, The Big Cheese carried it over to the pit and dropped it straight in, buckling the wheel right into the chassis as it was lowered.
- "Total disaster - straight in the pit"
- — A slightly crestfallen Andrew Maddock
|SHRAPNEL - RESULTS|
|The Third Wars - UK Championship|
Heat, Round 1
|Heat E, Round 1||vs. The Big Cheese||Lost|
- Wins: 0
- Losses: 1
|Series||Shrapnel Series Record|
|The First Wars||Did not enter|
|The Second Wars||Did not enter|
|The Third Wars||Heat, Round 1|
|The Fourth Wars||Did not enter|
|The Fifth Wars||Did not enter|
|The Sixth Wars||Did not enter|
|The Seventh Wars||Did not enter|
|Series 8||Did not enter|
|Series 9||Did not enter|
|Series 10||Did not enter|
- The name Shrapnel would later be used by a successful featherweight robot owned by Jarvis Callister, reaching the Top 8 of the King of Bots UK championship.
- Alan Weller was miscredited as 'Andrew Weller' on Shrapnel's statistics board