Sir Killalot was one of four House Robots to be sold as part of the Robot Wars Construction Sets range, released in August 2019. Based upon the Series 3-4 version of Sir Killalot from Robot Wars, is the most expensive of the four construction sets at £29.99 RRP (although some retailers still sold the toy at £24.99 from launch), and contained the most pieces, with 378.
The Sir Killalot Construction Set was sold as a box containing 378 stainless steel pieces, which the user could assemble using a set of instructions, although curiously, the instructions were not included on a printed sheet, unlike the other three sets in the range, and had to be downloaded online as a PDF document. When fully assembled, the toy replicates Sir Killalot as it appeared in Series 3-4 of the show, despite the back of the construction set's packaging reflecting the Series 8 version of Sir Killalot.
The toy ran on tracks, and both of Sir Killalot's arms had some freedom of movement, although the toy lacks the House Robot's signature lance weapon, instead just containing the base of the weapon with no protruding drill. The toy's colour-scheme is noted as being a lighter blue than the real House Robot, but otherwise accurately interprets the House Robot's design, with a number of holes being added into the metal struts to save weight, permit manual bending, and to make the toy somewhat resemble Meccano.
- Although the Sir Killalot Construction Set enjoyed a quiet launch through online retailers in August 2019, the toy was first revealed as early as March 2018, and was not seen again between the official announcement and release, with Robot Wars offering no marketing on the toy's behalf.
- ↑ https://www.reddit.com/r/battlebots/comments/cybvfx/robot_wars_kits_built_versions_comments/eyqvaoo?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x
- ↑ https://www.licenseglobal.com/entertainment/%E2%80%98robot-wars%E2%80%99-unleashes-gifts
- Sir Killalot Construction Set on The Gift Box Company
- The Robot Wars Construction Sets Four-pack on The Gift Box Company