Spikes range from a lot of weapons as they were fitted and styled all in many different ways, spikes can range from mere static points to a spike trap.
- A spike is merely a pointed weapon affixed to a robot for purposes of ramming. In addition, spikes of many forms were often used as extra weapons, such as Wild Thing's pointed lifting arm. For convenience, those spikes are excluded on this list.
Advantages and Disadvantages
- Spikes are light, cheap and easy to attach to a robot.
- It is not the benefits of using spikes as weapons, but the other allowances with money and weight. Tornado's success in Series 4 was due to its powerful push from its heavier motors, rather than any weaponry.
- Robots only equipped with spikes struggle against robots with superior weapons. This is evident in the majority of Velocirippa's losses, Mighty Mouse's losses to Thermidor 2 and Dantomkia and Tornado's loss to Chaos 2 in Series 4.
- Spikes were not considered to be active weapons, meaning a wielder needed other forms of weaponry to enter Series 7. However, moving spikes were classified as active weapons. One example is Cobra, which had a pneumatic spike.
List of Robots with Spikes
Robots are listed alphabetically. Robots that are not heavyweight are listed with a green background.
|Robot||Series Appearances with Spikes||Notes|
|Angel of Death||Series 2||Eliminated in gauntlet. Spikes never used.|
|Chip||Extreme 2||After its disc broke, only in one battle against Thor.|
|Darke Destroyer||Series 3-4|
|Das Gepäck||Series 6, Dutch Series 2||Joint winner along with Fluffy in the UK vs Germany special.|
|Kan-Opener||Series 6-7, Extreme 2||Spike protruded from the rear for purposes of ramming or glancing blows.|
|Lateral Thought||Series 2||Reserve robot.|
|Malc 1.5||Extreme 2|
|Mighty Mouse||Series 6-7|
|REALI-T||Series 1||The main armour was made out of sharpened wire, making it the first robot with armour doubling as a weapon.|
|Sniper||Dutch Series 1|
|Talos||Series 2||Used a lance weapon in the Arena Stage of its heat.|
|Tornado||Series 4||Tornado's original armament, used to great effect in Series 4 as Tornado was able to save weight for pushing power. Also, during the Sixth Wars one of its interchangeable weapons was a ramming spike, used only in the heat final against Anarchy.|
|Tricerabot||US Seasons 1-2|
|Velocirippa||Series 3-4, Extreme 2||Two different spike weapons, one in the early series, a different one on the Extreme 2 model.|
|This Robot Wars related article is a stub. You can help Robot Wars Wiki by expanding it.|