For the televised competitor in Series 7, see T-Wrecks
T-Wrecks was a heavyweight competitor which qualified for Series 3 of Robot Wars and arrived the studio to compete, but following a delay in filming caused by an behind-the-scenes incident, it had to withdraw and was replaced by eventual finalist Steg-O-Saw-Us.
T-Wrecks was a dinosaur-themed robot covered in a large decorative blue shell with front eyes. The front of the robot was armed with a long wedge, possibly equipped with a rotating weapon. Its combat prowess remains unknown, although the team were 'confident' that it could have performed well in its intended heat.
T-Wrecks is a pun on the tyrannosaurus rex dinosaur, commonly known as a "T-Rex".
- "Steg-O-Saw-Us replaced our robot 'T-Wrecks' as we had to pull out due to the accident in the arena. We felt tonight watching RW we stood a good chance of beating all of them. Hopefully we will go again in June and kick ass."
- — Jon Davis on a Google forum in the year 2000 (spelling edited)
T-Wrecks was entered into Series 3 and arrived at the studio to compete. It presumably would have competed in Heat G to face Orac's Revenge in the first round, and can be seen in the background of televised interviews in this Heat. Before this, it made further background cameos in other episodes, such as in Heat F where it can be seen directly behind Philippa Forrester. However, filming of the battle against Orac's Revenge was delayed after producer Alex Rolaifa was injured in a safety incident. Although T-Wrecks was invited to retain its spot in the competition, the team could no longer book the needed time away from work and were forced to withdraw. Steg-O-Saw-Us then took the place of T-Wrecks and went on to finish joint third in the series.
- "As a member of the team "T-WRECKS" we were devastated not to be able to compete due to the accident that happened to Alex, this was because none of us could get the time off to return for the rescheduled filming. Unfortunately we have received nothing from Mentorn, will we be invited back for the next series or will this just have been a costly excersize? We don't know."
- — Jon Davis on a Google forum in the year 2000 (spelling/grammar edited)
|Series||T-Wrecks Series Record|
|The First Wars||Did not enter|
|The Second Wars||Did not enter|
|The Third Wars||Withdrew|
|The Fourth Wars||Did not enter|
|The Fifth Wars||Did not enter|
|The Sixth Wars||Did not enter|
|The Seventh Wars||Did not enter|
|Series 8||Did not enter|
|Series 9||Did not enter|
|Series 10||Did not enter|
NOTE: The team showed interest in participating in the Fourth Wars, but it is unknown if they ultimately applied.
- Although T-Wrecks' withdrawal was never addressed on television, it can be seen behind Haardvark in the latter's televised introduction.
- It is a possibility that Steg-O-Saw-Us replacing T-Wrecks was a like-for-like switch intending to substitute one dinosaur-themed robot for another.