Full body spinnerEdit
As it never actually used the full body spinner, should it be removed from this category? It has a weapon similar to that of Jackson Wallop, so should be categorised similarly. Jimlaad43(talk) 16:25, October 11, 2013 (UTC)
- Seeing as robots that failed to qualify have categories for their respective weapons, I'd say keep the category. Sam (BAZINGA) 16:42, October 11, 2013 (UTC)
Caliban site? Edit
I'm unsure if it is because of the web date being from 1999 but im sure it is because of the team and images of a bot that looks just like an armourless Caliban (also Caliban is mentioned). --Botomatic1000 (talk) 16:44, May 7, 2017 (UTC) http://web.archive.org/web/20000529114640/http://members.xoom.com:80/Chunkymonky/rwar/stable/stable.htm
Was I too harsh on Caliban? Edit
So, I was browsing around Tinweb (again), and came across this link. And, well, quite a lot of information came out of it! Important information includes:
- 1: Caliban certainly could cause damage. Apparently, it broke Sir Killalot's left arm in just a few hits.
- 2: Sir Killalot's controller was upset with the damage Caliban had inflict onto his robot, to the point where it may explain why Sir Killalot went over the top with his attacks. The controller was apparently reprimanded for the incident.
- 3: We know Caliban's team complained about Sir Killalot's attacks. Apparently, after reviewing a tape, the organisers conceeded that they were "in the wrong". However, I am not sure whether being in the wrong meant they had added the wrong distance covered for Caliban, or that Sir Killalot went over the line with his attacks. Either way, it was too late for Caliban to compete in the rest of the main tournament.
- 4: Caliban was due to compete in a six-way melee as part of The Grudge Matches.
- 5: And, interestingly enough, there was meant to be a World Championship prior to Series 3! Why it did not take place, I do not yet know.
- This is very valuable information, we basically need to incorporate the entire thing into the article. Glad to see Caliban really did live up to its damage potential. I wouldn't take the words "World Championship" at face value, it sounds to me as though they were just international one-offs, and the team probably just chose to call it a championship. Still great info though on those matches. TOAST 17:30, October 6, 2019 (UTC)