The main picture of Razer is its Series 3 appearance, should it be changed to how it looked from Extreme onwards, or do we leave it as it is a good picture? Llamaman201 (talk) 19:46, November 13, 2009 (UTC)
- I think that since it is such a famous robot, and the most common image, we should leave it as "official artwork" or something. Toon Ganondorf (t c) 22:02, November 13, 2009 (UTC)
- As far as I'm concerned, what Jonathan Pearce says is canon. What a random IP address says is not. Toon Ganondorf (t c) 22:02, August 6, 2010 (UTC)
The origins of RazEr's name. Edit
"Should we just remove the reference to Neil Ruddock, with this anonymous user always changing it, or shall we leave it in? ManUCrazy (talk) 16:08, August 6, 2010 (UTC) As far as I'm concerned, what Jonathan Pearce says is canon. What a random IP address says is not. Toon Ganondorf (t c) 22:02, August 6, 2010 (UTC) If JP said it, then it definately stays. ManUCrazy (talk) 23:14, August 6, 2010 (UTC)"
Would you be referring to me as the anonymous user and/or the random IP address? I did correct the Razer page with regard to the origins of the name about 2 weeks ago, only to notice that it had been un-corrected a day or two later. So I posted a more definintive explanation, but now that has gone too. Shame - it both corrected AND complimented the rest of the information. Don't suppose you kept a copy did you? I'm sure you will be able to quote the exact show (and possibly even the minute) that JP compared Razer to some prima-donna in football boots, but I can guarantee you that it's wrong. What are my credentials for knowing this? My name is Neil Wright. I'm a personal friend of Ian Lewis & Simon Scott, and have helped them out as an unofficial team member at numerous events in the past. As it happens my family and I visited Ian, Gill & Darcie just the weekend before last, and I go snowboarding with Ian (along with John Reid and James Cooper) every year. I even have a picture of his old cat Velcro sitting in my Lotus Elan! Check it out with any of them personally if you have any doubts. I don't know if the information from the old BBC Robot Wars forum ever got transferred to another server - if it did you would be able to find the time when Ian went online to correct some kid who about posted the Ruddock reference to state publically that "they didn't much like football". I used to be quite active on that forum too under the name Enright, but interests change with the passage of time, and we move on. However when nostalgia strikes and you find yourself looking at memories of "the good old days", you still want to correct the inaccuracies. One of the most popular items of Razer merchandise was an A2 sized poster, which had a nice dictionary style description of the name as the background. This was where the verb "to raze to the ground/crush completely" quote came from. Surely you must be able to see that it's a far more credible explanation for the name of the definitive crushing robot than simply calling it after a footballer, and then spelling it wrong!
- Ok, fair game. You're right about the forums being gone, I can see how that would make things difficult. Just know for the future that if someone undoes your edit and you disagree with it, you should make a post on the talk page before you "re-correct" it; reposting an edit that has been reverted is viewed as an act of vandalism. Nothing is ever gone forever from the wiki, if you click the "history" button you can see that your edits can be retrieved, I'll go ahead and put them back in. I hope you understand the poisition we're in; most every Robot Wars fan has a polarized opinion of Razer, making this page a prime target for vandalism. RA2; aka Resetti's Replicas. (My Talk) 15:26, August 16, 2010 (UTC)
Razer's 'International League Champion' honour at the bottom of the page says that he is the reigning international champion, but surely Tornado's win in the International Championship of Season 2 of Extreme Warriors makes it the incumbent International Champion. Surely the honour should be changed to 'inernational champion' and sucseeded by Tornado and vice versa for Tornado. The Samster 12:13, October 10, 2010 (UTC)
- No, the International League was a special world championship that was never repeated. RA2; aka Resetti's Replicas. (My Talk) 20:27, October 10, 2010 (UTC)
Concept Art? Edit
Years ago, I recall seeing official concept art of Razer showing how his crusher was based loosely on a serpent of sorts. Does anyone else remember it or know where to find it?
- The only thing I remember seeing about this was the team going through a sketch book of concept art on The Making Of episode, which can be found on YouTube. snowdog140 06:44, June 27, 2012 (UTC)
- I think you're referring to the Robot Building Guide that was filmed at the end of the Second Wars, where the Robot Wars staff, the Razer, Cassius Mortis teams went through the various stages of robot building. I think the Razer team showed a few of their original designs on that. This can be found at the end of the First Wars video release. Datovidny (talk) 08:35, June 27, 2012 (UTC)
Razer vs Pussycat Edit
A while back, several "grudge matches" seen on various competitor robots pages have been removed, largely due to them being "un-notable". I can understand that, but this got me thinking...is Razer vs Pussycat REALLY all that notable? I mean, yes, it was the whole "Gentleman's Agreement" thing, but that has its own page to describe what happened there. Furthermore, we know that the "Vengeance" held in Extreme wasn't due to the incident (which seems to be the only reason it has been included here), but simply because the two teams wanted a proper battle.
If someone could explain to me exactly why it is worthwhile having here, then I'll withdraw my statement...otherwise, I think it either needs to be fixed or removed. Thoughts? CrashBash (talk) 08:44, October 18, 2012 (UTC)
- If people don't want to keep it in its current form, then we could reduce it to a brief summary and link to the Gentleman's Agreement page. I don't really mind keeping it as it is though. Christophee (talk) 11:20, October 18, 2012 (UTC)
Vincent Blood Edit
What ever happened to Vinny? I hate to sound all doom and gloom but was there a fight of some sort? Or has he lost interest? What happened to him, he wasn't on Battlebots and not even here?! Diotoir the son of nemesis (talk) 17:07, July 7, 2016 (UTC)
- Vinny left due to a fight about Tornado (the fifth fight) and hasn't been seen since then. --WolfwingandSlaveLeia (talk) 17:12, July 7, 2016 (UTC)
- There was actually a disagreement back in Extreme 2. The Team Razer page states that he left the show due to "creative differences" or something like that, but basically, after the European Championship battle with Tornado, you probably know that Razer handed the victory over as they did not feel they'd claimed victory. To be more specific on that, however, Simon and Vinny did not feel they'd claimed victory. Ian, on the other hand, refused to go along with it. Oh well, two-to-one in favour, right? Nope! Ian completely tried to invalidate Vinny's vote by claiming it "didn't count" as he hadn't been part of the original build way back in Series 2. You can probably understand that Vinny was more than a little PO'ed by that remark. Whilst Ian did apologise and retract his statement (although note that he's absent when Razer formally hand the victory over), Vinny decided to quit the team - he had admittedly been on the fence before the incident, but that pretty much pushed him off.
Same quote Edit
Citation Inception Edit
I think Robot Wars Wiki and News.com.au have just entered an endless cycle of citation. They've cited something on the Wiki in an official article, which is a piece that can be cited. But the things we would cite would be content we created....and so the endless cycle begins.
Series 5 QualifyingEdit
This has been bugging me for a while now, and it's about Razer not being seeded, so having to go through the qualifiers. We have this on its page and the Qualifying page. However, the Barber-Ous page (which we have as a quote), says that they were seeded. Is there any way of getting a concrete answer as to whether they were seeded and were just doing exhibitions, or did they have to go through the qualifiers I can't find anything on the Razer website either. Adster1005 12:56, July 11, 2020 (UTC)