- "Newcomers, looks dapper, Scrapper!"
- — Jonathan Pearce introduces The Scrapper
The Scrapper was a robot that exclusively competed in Series 7 of Robot Wars. It was eliminated in the first round, being immobilised on one side by Revolution 3 and flipped out of the arena by eventual Series 7 Semi-Finalist St. Agro early into its only battle.
- "Two wheel drive, invertible, with a twenty kilo spinning disc, ramming spikes, 6mm polycarb armour. Mostly made of scrap, the scrap pile's where it could end up!"
- — Jonathan Pearce sums up The Scrapper
The Scrapper was a two-wheel drive, invertible box wedge-shaped robot. Its name was borne out of the fact that it was made from scrap. In terms of armour, The Scrapper featured transparent polycarbonate armour, which was "six mil doubled up" according to team member Andrew Brown. This polycarbonate was also put to use in other areas of the machine - with numerous, hinged wedgelets on its sides.
In terms of armament, The Scrapper consisted of a 950rpm, 20kg spinning disc at the front - which had the robot's own name painted on it - along with a set of rear ramming spikes. However, little was seen of either of these weapons during The Scrapper only fight.
The Scrapper was entered into Series 7 by a two-man team from Tipton in the West Midlands. The two teammates Andrew Brown and Lee Shaw operated the robot, and wore plain white shirts brandishing the robot's logo in their only appearance on Robot Wars.
As soon as activate was called, Revolution 3 rammed into The Scrapper. The Scrapper attacked Mega Hurts LT with its spinning disc weapon, but caused minimal damage. Revolution 3 then continued attacking The Scrapper with its own spinning drum, leaving the newcomers spinning in circles, as half of its drive had been taken out by the spinner of Revolution 3, effectively rendering The Scrapper immobile.
Without waiting for The Scrapper to be counted out, St. Agro gathered up the limping machine and brought it over to the arena wall where the Cornish robot threw The Scrapper out of the arena, eliminating it from the competition alongside the later-immobilised Mega Hurts LT.
- "I like the look of St. Agro with the double flipper as well. The trouble is with flippers, as I'm sure you know now, all you roboteers out there, if they are powered by a CO2 bottle, the supply is limited, so, is, the life, of, The Scrapper! Gone!"
- — Jonathan Pearce as The Scrapper is flipped out of the arena by St. Agro
|THE SCRAPPER - RESULTS|
|The Seventh Wars UK Championship|
Heats, Round 1
|Heat H, Round 1||vs. Mega Hurts LT, Revolution 3, St. Agro||Eliminated|
- Wins: 0
- Losses: 1
|Series||The Scrapper Series Record|
|The First Wars||Did not enter|
|The Second Wars||Did not enter|
|The Third Wars||Did not enter|
|The Fourth Wars||Did not enter|
|The Fifth Wars||Did not enter|
|The Sixth Wars||Did not enter|
|The Seventh Wars||Heat, Round 1|
|Series 8||Did not enter|
|Series 9||Did not enter|
|Series 10||Did not enter|
- Of the four robots that lost in the first round of Heat H of Series 7, The Scrapper was the only one whose name did not start with the letter M.
- All of The Scrapper's opponents lost in the first round of a previous UK Championship - Mega Hurts lost in the first round of Series 3 (as Tut's Revenge) and Revolution 3 and St. Agro both lost in the first round of Series 6.
- The Scrapper was one of three robots that only fought in Series 7 thrown out of the arena and be from a team that never appeared in any other series. The others were Hellbent and Mobot.
- Like Scrapper in Series 1, The Scrapper lost to a robot with that had a flipping/lifting weapon who became the winner of the heat that they competed in.