- "The key to Vector is the arm - lifts, pokes, spears - doesn't make the tea though, which would be the handy thing."
- — Philippa Forrester
Vector was a Nottingham based robot that only competed in Series 3 of Robot Wars. In its only battle, the robot was completely stationary after suffering a malfunction, and was eliminated in Round 1 despite its opponent T 2 driving into the pit of its own accord halfway through the battle.
- "A vicious arm to lift, puncture, grab and also self-right."
- — Jonathan Pearce on Vector's weapon
Vector was a black box-wedge robot, armoured in high carbon steel sheets. The yellow arm at the centre was a yellow hydraulic flipping arm, which could not only lift, but could act as a piercing spike and a srimech too. However, it was not properly seen in action in its only appearance, and the arm proved to be easily damaged, as proven when Shunt axed it.
In Round 1 of the Third Wars, Vector went up against a returning machine to Robot Wars, T 2.
Before the battle began, Vector began to smoke, and did not move at all at the start until T 2 closed in on it and attacked it. Vector moved backwards and forwards slightly, before slowly moving forward, but completely broke down over the arena spikes near Matilda's CPZ. As Matilda moved in to attack Vector, T 2 reversed away, but reversed too far and accidentally drove into the pit of oblivion under absolutely no pressure. Despite this, the House Robots all continued attacking Vector. Shunt and Matilda attacked the shell, which held up well but when Shunt axed the arm, the bottom half of the arm broke off.
- "You can see that yellow lifting arm - lifts, shreds, pokes, cuts hair, drives a car, works a computer...does just about everything, that arm, except...move!"
- — Jonathan Pearce
As the cease was called, the judges ruled that Vector had not been sufficiently mobile to qualify for second round of the heat, therefore T 2 progressed into the next round instead, eliminating Vector from the competition.
- "Let's be honest, Vector didn't do anything. I think that's key. See I think Vector was immobilised right from the start, therefore T 2 should go through."
- — Jonathan Pearce's opinion
|VECTOR - RESULTS|
|The Third Wars - UK Championship|
Heat, Round 1
|Heat F, Round 1||vs. T 2||Lost|
- Wins: 0
- Losses: 1
|Series||Vector Series Record|
|The First Wars||Did not enter|
|The Second Wars||Did not enter|
|The Third Wars||Heat, Round 1|
|The Fourth Wars||Did not enter|
|The Fifth Wars||Did not enter|
|The Sixth Wars||Did not enter|
|The Seventh Wars||Did not enter|
|Series 8||Did not enter|
|Series 9||Did not enter|
|Series 10||Did not enter|
Outside Robot Wars
After its appearance in Series 3, Vector made an appearance at the Somerset Steam Spectacular event, hosted by Roger Plant.