- "All built out of titanium and it's here to avenge the bashing that Big Cheese got last year, from the House Robots."
- — Roger Plant introduces Wheely Big Cheese in Series 4
Wheely Big Cheese was a robot that competed in Series 4 and 5 of Robot Wars as well as the first series of Robot Wars Extreme. It was built by Roger Plant as the successor to The Big Cheese. The robot's name was a pun on really big cheese, and also referred to its trademark red wheels.
Wheely Big Cheese enjoyed measurable success in the UK Championship, with two semi-final appearances on two attempts. The robot was notable as having the largest and most powerful flippers of its time, capable of tossing Axe-Awe fifteen feet into the air and out from the middle of the arena in its most famous battle. Other well-known moments include its controversial battle with Suicidal Tendencies in Series 4 and its battles with House Robots.
Wheely Big Cheese did not appear in any other series after Series 5, with Roger Plant retiring from robot combat in response to the expensive damage dealt to his machine.
Versions of Wheely Big CheeseEdit
Two models of Wheely Big Cheese were built, which looked almost identical to each other but contained several significant changes between them. Both models shared the same design and armament - an invertible, two-wheeled robot powered by golf cart motors and armed with a large yellow titanium pneumatic flipper shaped like a cheese wedge. The flipper was capable of flipping up to 800kg, doing so to a Mini Metro in testing. Unlike most other flippers, it was able to work even when inverted, as the power behind it meant that using it whilst upside-down would push the rest of the robot off the floor. According to an interview with Roger Plant, Wheely Big Cheese was built primarily to get revenge on Sir Killalot for the damage that the House Robot caused to his previous machine, The Big Cheese- its width, length and flipper were specifically designed to get underneath Sir Killalot and flip him. However it was unable to do so when the opportunity came in its first ever fight.
Both versions of Wheely Big Cheese also featured two large red titanium wheels with tungsten golf shoe studs for extra traction on the arena floor, although it was also capable of shredding one of Diotoir's boggle eyes in its All-Stars fight in Extreme 1. However, they were relatively vulnerable to being damaged or dislodged by axes, spinning weapons and even collisions with the arena wall, severely hampering the robot's mobility.
The Series 4 model of Wheely Big Cheese was nearly one-and-a-half metres long, and featured silver golf shoe studs along its wheels. However, despite the flipper effortlessly tossing robots such as Killertron and Tornado over, it suffered from poor manoeuvrability and control, which resulted in it falling into the pit twice in its heat, and the wheels proved hollow and easily damaged.
Series 5/Extreme 1Edit
The version of Wheely Big Cheese built for Series 5 and Extreme 1 solved many of the design flaws and weaknesses of the first version, being generally stronger through the use of thicker and more durable material grades, new construction techniques and better components. It also had a much more powerful pneumatics system for its flipper, enabling it to flip robots at great heights and out from the middle of the arena, and was 11cm shorter and 12cm narrower than the Series 4 model, while being 2cm taller. The wheels also featured black golf shoe studs instead of the silver ones found on the Series 4 model.
- "One of the stars of the last series, the weapon can actually throw eight hundred kilos into the air, the wheels have golf shoe spikes, it's powered by two golf cart motors so "fore!" Watch out for this!"
- — Jonathan Pearce introduces Wheely Big Cheese
Due to The Big Cheese reaching the Heat Final of the Third Wars, and having its heat final battle being named Battle of the Series, Wheely Big Cheese was given the number 15 seed placing for the Fourth Wars, the highest seed granted to a robot which did not reach the semi-finals or the World Championship final in the last series. Wheely Big Cheese was drawn up against two returning teams in Prizephita Mk2 and Wheelosaurus in its first round melee of Heat H.
- "Wheelosaurus against Prizephita against the fifteenth seeds Wheely Big Cheese, dumped, in the last series, by Killalot, and I can tell you, after revenge, big time!"
- — Jonathan Pearce
Wheely Big Cheese turned away from its opponents at the start and drove at Sir Killalot. Wheely Big Cheese drove into the CPZ, driving around Sir Killalot, then driving just outside the CPZ, turning back and forth, as if baiting Sir Killalot to drive at it. While Prizephita Mk2 was displaying early aggression and flipping on Wheelosaurus, Sir Killalot drove out of his CPZ, getting its claw under the flipper of Wheely Big Cheese and holding the robot still.
- "What's Wheely Big Cheese doing? Looking for revenge right from the start here! Roger Plant, ignoring the other competing robots. Is it fair to them? Is it fair to us? It is, it's lovely to see a grudge match like this!"
- — Jonathan Pearce as Wheely Big Cheese takes on Sir Killalot
Shunt came in, getting at the other side, but Wheely Big Cheese rushed away as soon as Sir Killalot reversed. After opening its flipper at thin air, Wheely Big Cheese reversed between its two opponents, then reversed against Prizephita Mk2, pushing it against the arena wall. After this, Prizephita Mk2 was only moving on one side. After firing its flipper a couple of times, Wheely Big Cheese drove back at Prizephita Mk2, which could not move away from the wall. Wheely Big Cheese tried to get its flipper under its opponent, but could only get a corner underneath, so only managed to lift Prizephita Mk2 a little. As Wheely Big Cheese's flipper closed, it charged into the arena wall, before charging at Wheelosaurus. Wheelosaurus hit Wheely Big Cheese's wheel with its strimmer blade, but did no damage. Prizephita Mk2 was still stuck by the CPZ, only able to rock back and forth, so Wheely Big Cheese pushed it into Sir Killalot's CPZ, and again tried flipping Prizephita Mk2, but could only lift it up as before. Sir Killalot pinned Prizephita Mk2 against the wall, but then left it as Wheelosaurus started attacking his side. Wheely Big Cheese was behind Sir Killalot, and when Wheelosaurus drove away from Sir Killalot, Wheely Big Cheese charged at Sir Killalot, getting its flipper underneath, but the flipper could not even slightly lift the heaviest House Robot, despite the fact that Sir Killalot weighed less than the eight hundred kilos the flipper was supposedly able to flip. As Wheely Big Cheese tried to flip Sir Killalot, Dead Metal got behind it and cut into the rear, and helped pull Wheely Big Cheese out from under Sir Killalot. Dead Metal reversed, and Wheely Big Cheese managed to pull out from under Sir Killalot, but Dead Metal blocked it and continued cutting into it.
- "Wheely Big Cheese can toss eight hundred kilos, they tell us. Come on then, throw Killalot! Go on, throw Killalot! You can't! You can't! The pit descends. 1-0 to the House Robots, I think there, Roger Plant, don't you?"
- — Jonathan Pearce as Wheely Big Cheese tries unsuccessfully to flip Sir Killalot
The pit opened, and the House Robots began pushing all the competitors towards the pit, with Shunt, who had been dragging Prizephita Mk2 around with his axe, pushing Prizephita Mk2 towards the pit, and Sir Killalot getting its claw behind Wheely Big Cheese. Sir Killalot pushed Wheely Big Cheese in first, then Shunt pitted Prizephita Mk2 with help from Matilda, before Shunt pitted Wheelosaurus as well.
- "Oh! Into the pit! Who's gone into the pit first? It's mayhem out there! Utter confusion. Who went in first? They're all in!!"
- — Jonathan Pearce, as all three robots go down the pit
However the judges decided that since they'd been lacking in control for longer, Prizephita Mk2 was eliminated, therefore Wheely Big Cheese and Wheelosaurus were put through to the next round of the heat.
- Julia Reed: "Big Cheese, you went in first! What do you think the judges' will say about that?"
- John McGugan: "We're out!"
- Roger Plant: "I've no idea!"
- Julia Reed: "Well I can reveal to you, who has gone out, and it is ... the Prizephita team!"
- — Julia Reed reveals the judges' decision
Wheely Big Cheese was then drawn up against the former Grand Finalists, yet unseeded, Killertron in the second round.
- Julia Reed: "...you got Sir Killalot in the last battle, didn't you?"
- Roger Plant: "I went for him, yes. Didn't quite get him tipped over, but survived the encounter!"
- Julia Reed: "You came out alright?"
- Roger Plant: "Yes."
- Julia Reed: "So you can get through anything then, can't you?"
- Roger Plant: "With a bit of luck!"
- — Pre-battle interview
At the start, the two robots cautiously drove at each other, but Wheely Big Cheese could not get its flipper under the front scoop of Killertron. Next, Killertron reversed and turned away, but Wheely Big Cheese drove around the back of Killertron and easily flipped it over.
- "That was a sensational flip from Wheely Big Cheese!"
- — Jonathan Pearce
Unable to self-right, Killertron was pushed to Shunt's CPZ, but Shunt did not attack, instead lifting Killertron with its scoop and pushing it back to Wheely Big Cheese in the arena centre. Wheely Big Cheese flipped Killertron back onto its wheels, but Killertron drove straight onto the flipper, missing with the pickaxe, and Wheely Big Cheese flipped it over its top, with Killertron landing on its axe and falling onto its back.
- "Look at this - Wheely Big Cheese underneath; wahey, up and over you go!"
- — Jonathan Pearce
Matilda used her tusks to flip Killertron over, and Killertron tried avoiding Wheely Big Cheese. The seeded robot chased after Killertron, and soon got its flipper under the side and flip it over by a CPZ. This time, the House Robots did not try to right Killertron, with Matilda cutting into it with her chainsaw and Sir Killalot pulling it away with his claw, spinning it around and putting it on the flame pit. The House Robots continued to attack, before pitting Killertron.
- Craig Charles: "...The Big Cheese can throw a mini, now is that stronger than The Big Cheese?"
- Roger Plant: "Oh yeah, twice as strong as The Big Cheese"
- Craig Charles: "...so this could throw, like a Cortina then?!"
- Roger Plant: "Yeah, I reckon"
- — Post Round 2 interview
Wheely Big Cheese almost pulled out of the Heat Final after a pin in one of the gearboxes broke and the gearbox had to be replaced, but it was fixed in time. In the Heat Final, Wheely Big Cheese was put up against the number 32 seeds Suicidal Tendencies who had knocked out Wheelosaurus in its previous battle.
- "Two pacey and heavyweight robots..."
- — Jonathan Pearce at the start of the battle
Suicidal Tendencies started quicker, driving at one of Wheely Big Cheese's wheels. Suicidal Tendencies fired its axe, but Wheely Big Cheese reversed. Wheely Big Cheese paused, then drove forwards, but Suicidal Tendencies drove at its wheel again, then got under the side of Wheely Big Cheese. It lifted Wheely Big Cheese with the forks, and though Wheely Big Cheese turned away and tried reversing, Suicidal Tendencies was in close pursuit, getting its forks under again and lifting Wheely Big Cheese up onto its top. Suicidal Tendencies pushed its opponent against the arena wall, lifting it so the front of the flipper was on top of the fence, and hit it with its axe. Wheely Big Cheese tried reversing, but this proved to be a mistake as it reversed straight into the arms of Dead Metal, who used his saw to cut into one of Wheely Big Cheese's wheels, sending sparks flying.
- "...and Wheely Big Cheese, there is something still wrong here! I know they replaced the gearbox, but it's not as effective as it was earlier on, and in comes Dead Metal to attack the studded wheels. Grating metal, did you hear that? Sounded painful!"
- — Jonathan Pearce
Wheely Big Cheese fired its flipper to help itself escape, rolling over Dead Metal's claws, but Suicidal Tendencies blocked it as it tried to escape the CPZ. Wheely Big Cheese drove around Suicidal Tendencies, but Suicidal Tendencies got its forks under one of Wheely Big Cheese's wheels, lifting it up and hitting the wheel with its axe. Wheely Big Cheese slid off the forks, then turned around to try and get the flipper under its opponent, but couldn't get the flipper under Suicidal Tendencies' forks. Suicidal Tendencies pushed Wheely Big Cheese back and lifted it up, and Wheely Big Cheese turned away as Suicidal Tendencies reversed. Wheely Big Cheese drove down the arena, then reversed into Suicidal Tendencies, but this allowed Suicidal Tendencies to lift it up again, as the wheel was just between the forks. Suicidal Tendencies hit Wheely Big Cheese's wheel with its axe and turned it around and started pushing, but as it did so, it tried axing the wheel again, which knocked Wheely Big Cheese off the forks.
- "I must admit, I though this would be easy for Wheely Big Cheese... This is a tough one here, for the boys from Somerset. They were the favourites, I would guess, coming into this Heat Final, and it hasn't worked out for them at all!"
- — Jonathan Pearce
Wheely Big Cheese turned around and Suicidal Tendencies' left track locked up, which left it moving back and forth in circles. Wheely Big Cheese tried pushing against Suicidal Tendencies, but could only push it a little, so turned around and tried getting under the front, but was lifted up by the forks. Wheely Big Cheese turned away and turned around for another attack, but drove onto the forks again, and was lifted up again. Suicidal Tendencies fired the axe, but this had no effect as Wheely Big Cheese reversed off the front forks. The pit opened, and Wheely Big Cheese reversed into the front of Suicidal Tendencies, but couldn't push it back. Suicidal Tendencies managed to get its forks under Wheely Big Cheese's flipper and almost turned its opponent into the pit, but Wheely Big Cheese reversed in time.
- "That is brinkmanship to the extreme! They are dancing with death out there, the two of them!"
- — Jonathan Pearce
Wheely Big Cheese turned away and drove around to try and push Suicidal Tendencies into the pit, but as it tried pushed against Suicidal Tendencies, Suicidal Tendencies got its forks between the flipper. Wheely Big Cheese turned around and pushed against the front of Suicidal Tendencies, but as it did so, Suicidal Tendencies turned, causing Wheely Big Cheese to almost fall into the pit, but Wheely Big Cheese again reversed in time. Despite its limited mobility, and one corner hanging over the edge of the pit, Suicidal Tendencies managed to reverse around the edge of the pit. Wheely Big Cheese drove back at Suicidal Tendencies head on, but couldn't turn it into the pit. Wheely Big Cheese cautiously drove around Suicidal Tendencies, then tried to line its flipper with the front of Suicidal Tendencies, but didn't line it properly, so as it pushed forwards it instead drove over its opponent. Wheely Big Cheese's wheel was against Suicidal Tendencies side so Wheely Big Cheese tried pushing it into the pit, but instead Wheely Big Cheese fell in, flipper first, with its wheels hanging on the edge of the pit.
- "Wheely Big Cheese has driven itself into the pit! And it's a victory against all odds for Suicidal Tendencies!"
- — Jonathan Pearce as Wheely Big Cheese fell into the pit
The Suicidal Tendencies team thought they had won, but the judges took the controversial view that Suicidal Tendencies had been immobilised because only one track was working for a long time, so Wheely Big Cheese won instead.
- "We've twice made it to the third round and gone out, this time we got through, we're going all the way this time!"
- — Roger Plant, at the end of the heat
In the first round of the Series Semi-Finals, Wheely Big Cheese went up against the newcomers Tornado.
- Julia Reed: "On performance, this robot is one of the favourites for the title! You performed brilliantly in the heats, but you've made some changes. Why?"
- Roger Plant: "Yes, its response was a bit slow before, it was a slight delay between telling it to start or stop and it actually doing it."
- Julia Reed: "Why was the delay in there in the first place?"
- Roger Plant: "Well, there's wheelchair motor controllers in there, and people don't like their wheelchairs taking off like Formula 1 racing cars. So we've taken out the delay, and it should now perform like … well we know it performs like a Formula 1 racing car now!"
- Julia Reed: "And this is more powerful than the flipper in the arena?"
- Roger Plant: "Yes, definitely. The flipper just sort of rolls them over, and we chuck them six foot or so up in the air!"
- Julia Reed: "And what do you think about your opposition then?"
- Roger Plant: "I don't think he can do much to us, but whether we can catch him and do anything to him is an awkward question."
- Julia Reed: "Hmm, well I'm "wheely" looking forward to this one! Cheesy enough for you?"
- — Pre-battle interview
Tornado started by driving around to Wheely Big Cheese's side as Wheely Big Cheese drove at it, and upon getting at the side of the flipper, started pushing its opponent up the arena. Wheely Big Cheese turned against Tornado, and as it did so, Tornado drove onto the flipper, but got off before Wheely Big Cheese could fire. Tornado started pushing against Wheely Big Cheese's wheel, but Wheely Big Cheese span around. Unable to get in a position to push, Tornado turned away. Wheely Big Cheese drove after it, but Tornado dodged the flipper, driving up and down. However, as it did so, it drove onto the flipper. Wheely Big Cheese flipped Tornado, which did a somersault in the air and hit the wall.
- "And look at that power I was telling you about, of the mighty throwing device."
- — Jonathan Pearce
Once its flipper closed, Wheely Big Cheese got under Tornado a second time and flipped, but this didn't affect the invertible Tornado. Tornado drove around its opponent as Wheely Big Cheese tried to get its flipper under it, and Wheely Big Cheese bumped into Matilda briefly as it chased Tornado. Wheely Big Cheese got its flipper underneath Tornado, but Tornado reversed off before it fired, causing Wheely Big Cheese to miss its flip. Whilst Wheely Big Cheese tried to close its flipper, Tornado got at the side of its opponent and pushed it into Matilda, who flipped Wheely Big Cheese over with her tusks. Wheely Big Cheese reversed away from Matilda, but Tornado rammed into it, causing a weak weld on its right wheel to give way, and the side fell off.
- "That is a decisive moment! Wheely Big Cheese got sucked into the CPZ, and that was where the damage was sustained!"
- — Jonathan Pearce
Matilda flipped Wheely Big Cheese over as it escaped the CPZ, and Wheely Big Cheese's movement was now hindered because one of its wheels was hanging loose. Tornado rammed it across the arena, and pushed it onto the flame pit, then into the wall. Tornado got behind Wheely Big Cheese and pushed it over a flame jet, but in doing so, Tornado drove over the flames itself. Smoke was clearly rising from Tornado, and Tornado drove around to the front of Wheely Big Cheese's flipper, but this allowed Wheely Big Cheese to flip it. This also cause Wheely Big Cheese to fall back onto the flame jet, but it quickly got off. Smoke was still rising from Tornado, and it was only spinning in circles, and Wheely Big Cheese was also only spinning in the last few seconds, but time ran out so the battle went to the judges.
- "Wheely Big Cheese obviously aggressive early on, but in that CPZ there, tussling with Matilda, that was when the damage was sustained, and I wonder if that is the decisive moment in this battle. Very close, Tornado driving on, the more aggressive towards the end."
- — Jonathan Pearce reviewing the highlights
The judges awarded the win to Tornado and Wheely Big Cheese was knocked out of the competition. This model of Wheely Big Cheese was then replaced with a new one for the Fifth Wars and the first series of Extreme.
- "This is our robot, all built out of titanium. Toughest robot on the block! Here to smash everything else to bits!"
- — Roger Plant in the team's Extreme 1 introduction
Wheely Big Cheese competed in a variety of competitions during the first series of Extreme, with very little success.
- "They've got a flipper that's powered by a couple of car springs, which is no problem because we can flip an entire car!"
- — Roger Plant's thoughts on Diotoir
Wheely Big Cheese first competed in the All-Stars Tournament. In the first round, it had a fortunate draw as it went up against the tournament underdogs Diotoir.
The Irish machine began the battle by getting under the side of Wheely Big Cheese, lifting it up with its flipper, but despite Diotoir getting its flipper under its opponent, Wheely Big Cheese turned and reversed off the flipper before Diotoir could push it. Whilst Diotoir's flipper was closing, Wheely Big Cheese chased after Diotoir, trying to get its flipper underneath, but Diotoir was able to reverse away. Diotoir got at the side of Wheely Big Cheese, trying to get its flipper under one of its opponent's wheels, but Wheely Big Cheese reversed. Wheely Big Cheese tried to slip the flipper under Diotoir, but Diotoir turned off the flipper as Wheely Big Cheese got the edge under it, and got at Wheely Big Cheese's side again, but Wheely Big Cheese reversed before Diotoir could flip. Wheely Big Cheese charged back at Diotoir, but Diotoir swerved to avoid it, getting at the side of Wheely Big Cheese, but before it could flip, Wheely Big Cheese reversed, then drove at Diotoir, pushing against the side to try and get the flipper underneath. As it did so, one of Diotoir's eyes was shredded off by the golf shoe spikes on the wheel. Wheely Big Cheese reversed for another attack, and Diotoir drove onto the front of the flipper, allowing Wheely Big Cheese to flip it over. Diotoir fired its flipper as soon as it landed on its back in an attempt to self-right, but didn't have the strength to flip itself over. Wheely Big Cheese then flipped Diotoir again, making it roll towards the arena side wall. Refbot then came in and counted it out, after giving an Sir Killalot a yellow card for attacking Diotoir before it was counted out. This was enough for Wheely Big Cheese to progress through to the All-Stars Quarter Finals. This turned out to be Wheely Big Cheese's only win throughout the first series of Extreme.
- "We'll save the best 'til later"
- — Murray Wharf's pledge after the first round
In the second round, Wheely Big Cheese was next drawn against the reigning UK champion, Chaos 2. This was somewhat of a grudge match, after Chaos 2 had originally knocked Wheely Big Cheese's predecessor The Big Cheese out of Series 3 in their Heat Final.
- Julia Reed: "Roger, what a draw, to be drawn up against the number one seed, the reigning champions! Do you think that's a bit unlucky?"
- Roger Plant: "No, we'll thrash him!"
- Julia Reed: "And you have fought him before, but not with this robot."
- Roger Plant: "Yeah, with The Big Cheese, previous one to this. We nearly got him then but we made a mistake and he escaped!"
- Julia Reed: "So basically, it's little flipper against big flipper, and usually, the bigger the better!"
- — Pre-battle interview
Chaos 2 charged straight at Wheely Big Cheese, and Wheely Big Cheese started to turn, but Chaos 2 was too quick for them and rammed into the side. Wheely Big Cheese was buffeted upwards but Chaos 2 missed with its flipper. Wheely Big Cheese reversed into Chaos 2, buffeting it upwards and pushing it back, but Chaos 2 got its flipper under Wheely Big Cheese and flipped it over. Wheely Big Cheese seemed to pause for a second, then slowly reversed and turned, allowing Chaos 2 to charge underneath Wheely Big Cheese and flip it again. Wheely Big Cheese turned around and got the edge of its flipper under Chaos 2, but Chaos 2 reversed before Wheely Big Cheese could flip. Chaos 2 charged under Wheely Big Cheese again and flipped it over, and as Wheely Big Cheese recovered and drove at it, Chaos 2 easily got under the front and flipped it again.
- "...Wheely Big Cheese needs to get on the attack, try and get in underneath, and at the moment, it's Chaos 2 ... doing all the attacking work here."
- — Jonathan Pearce as Chaos 2 flips Wheely Big Cheese around
Wheely Big Cheese tried turning to get the flipper under Chaos 2, but Chaos 2 reversed, before driving around the side of Wheely Big Cheese, getting underneath and pushing its opponent towards the arena wall, but it flipped too early, so couldn't get it over the fence, instead flipping it into Dead Metal's CPZ.
- "Think that's easy to do? The Cheese weighs 99 kilograms, just think about that. It's 1 metre 32 long, it's nearly a metre wide, it's huge"
- — Jonathan Pearce tries to put Chaos 2's power into perspective
Whilst Dead Metal blocked Wheely Big Cheese's escape, Chaos 2 was briefly stuck in forward drive against the wall. Wheely Big Cheese tried getting its flipper underneath, but only got a corner under its opponent, so merely lifted it up a little. Shunt came into the CPZ, lifting Wheely Big Cheese against the wall. As it lowered its scoop, Wheely Big Cheese got away. Wheely Big Cheese sluggishly moved out of the CPZ, and Chaos 2 charged into it, but drove onto the flipper. However, Wheely Big Cheese's flipper was not working properly, so it weakly lifted Chaos 2 a little, and Chaos 2 easily reversed off before the flipper fully opened. Chaos 2 drove under one of Wheely Big Cheese's wheels, but Wheely Big Cheese reversed before it could flip. Wheely Big Cheese's flipper did not close fully, so Chaos 2 tried to get its flipper in the gap, but then turned without flipping. Wheely Big Cheese got its flipper under Chaos 2's wheel, but Chaos 2 got off the flipper before it could fire. Wheely Big Cheese reversed into Chaos 2, and tried turning against the side of Chaos 2, but Chaos 2 got under the rear of Wheely Big Cheese, pushing it into Shunt, and flipping it.
- "See the studs, the spikes on the wheels? They're to give extra traction, but you can't get traction if you're being thrown through the air, Roger Plant!"
- — Jonathan Pearce
Wheely Big Cheese drove down the arena and turned around, but its flipper would not close. It tried ramming Chaos 2, but Chaos 2 turned, causing Wheely Big Cheese to drive into the middle arena entry gate. The two competitors fought near the arena wall by Shunt's CPZ, and Chaos 2 got under Wheely Big Cheese and flipped it towards the wall, but the flipper did not have enough power to flip Wheely Big Cheese over the fence, so Wheely Big Cheese merely fell against the wall and onto its back. Wheely Big Cheese sluggishly tried to get out of the CPZ, but Chaos 2 blocked its escape and pushed it against Shunt in the last few seconds, flipping it as Shunt axed it. Shunt pushed it off the wall and out of the CPZ and Wheely Big Cheese got away as time ran out. The battle went to the judges, who unanimously went for Chaos 2, eliminating Wheely Big Cheese at the quarter-finals stage.
- "Competitive, but I thought they were both a little nervy."
- — Jonathan Pearce
Wheely Big Cheese also fought in a Mayhem battle in Extreme Series 1, where it went up against Ming 3 and Hypno-Disc for the right to fight in the first Annihilator of the series. Roger Plant was quite confident before the battle, claiming the team weren't scared of Hypno-Disc because they'd had a strategy to beat Hypno-Disc for a long time, though he refused to reveal what it was to Julia Reed before the battle, claiming everyone would have to wait and see.
- "Tonight, it's not gonna be Hypno-Disc. It's gonna be "Flip-no Disc!""
- — Roger Plant, prior to the Mayhem
At the start Wheely Big Cheese cautiously approached Hypno-Disc, but Hypno-Disc drove away as it got its disc up to speed. Wheely Big Cheese turned after it, and tried to get the flipper underneath, but Hypno-Disc drove over the flipper and drove to the side of the arena. As Wheely Big Cheese turned around, it bumped into Ming 3, which was driving down the arena. After a pause where Wheely Big Cheese seemed uncertain which opponent to attack, it got its flipper against the side of Ming 3 as Hypno-Disc attacked the opposite side with its disc. Hypno-Disc turned away from Ming 3 after causing a large gash in the wheel, and Wheely Big Cheese got the edge of the flipper under Ming 3, but could only lift Ming 3 up a little because it did not have the flipper fully under Ming 3. Wheely Big Cheese drove down the arena, but Hypno-Disc attacked its side, hitting the wheel and side of the flipper. then hitting the front of the flipper as it closed.
- "Look at the front of Wheely Big Cheese? There's a huge crevasse, dug out of the front of Wheely Big Cheese!"
- — Jonathan Pearce as Hypno-Disc cuts into Wheely Big Cheese
Wheely Big Cheese turned around, with Hypno-Disc getting a glancing blow on Wheely Big Cheese's side as it passed, then hitting it again as it turned. Wheely Big Cheese turned to face Hypno-Disc, but Hypno-Disc was too fast and drove past it, and kept moving around as Wheely Big Cheese chased after it, trying to get its flipper underneath. Hypno-Disc landed another glancing blow on the side, but Wheely Big Cheese managed to get behind Hypno-Disc and used one of its wheels to push it against Ming 3, but Hypno-Disc quickly got away. Hypno-Disc turned around and drove over the front of Wheely Big Cheese's flipper, and Wheely Big Cheese was too slow to fire its flipper, missing its flip.
- "Look at the wheel of Wheely Big Cheese, it's almost sliced in two! And the front!"
- — Jonathan Pearce notes the damage done to Wheely Big Cheese by Hypno-Disc
Wheely Big Cheese then reversed straight into the disc, and Hypno-Disc hit the wheel. As Hypno-Disc attacked Ming 3, Wheely Big Cheese drove at it, but missed its charge. Wheely Big Cheese reversed, and drove back at Hypno-Disc, only to be hit by the disc. Wheely Big Cheese, along with Ming 3, were clearly limping, with both robots only twitching, and Hypno-Disc hit the wheel of Wheely Big Cheese, before hitting the wheel of Ming 3, ripping it clean off, before going to the other side and knocking the other wheel off as well. Wheely Big Cheese stopped moving, with one of its wheels hanging loose.
- "Wheely Big Cheese has been grated, lets be honest. And as for Hypno-Disc, it is putting everyone under its spell!"
- — Jonathan Pearce
Refbot counted Ming 3 out, then Wheely Big Cheese out as well in quick succession. Ming 3 was put on the floor flipper and thrown, bouncing onto Wheely Big Cheese. Despite being counted out, Wheely Big Cheese was still moving a little on one wheel, and tried to get its flipper under Ming 3's immobile form and flip it, but only managed to get a little bit of the corner under, so barely lifted it. Dead Metal went over to Wheely Big Cheese and sliced into the wheels, a huge amount of sparks flew out across the arena from the titanium wheel and tungsten studs. Shunt pushed Wheely Big Cheese across the arena into the pit, then axed it as Dead Metal pushed Ming 3 in with it. Hypno Disc was emphatically through to the Annihilator.
- "Bravery by Wheely Big Cheese, suicidal behaviour by Ming 3, to enter the arena, AT ALL with the truly awesome Hypno-Disc!"
- — Jonathan Pearce as Wheely Big Cheese and Ming 3 are pitted
The robot was later repaired from this battle, but the battle scars remained very visible.
- Craig Charles: "Well, you've got more holes in that Wheely Big Cheese than Gorgonzola now, haven't you?"
- Roger Plant: "Eh, soon fix that though, it's only a couple of bolts broken!"
- Craig Charles: "What did you think of that, the power of that Hyno-Disc though?"
- Roger Plant: "Yeah, well he's luck to get in our way, wasn't he?"
- Craig Charles: "You were playing dead for a while, weren't you? I thought you were playing dead until it came up to you, because then you started moving again."
- Roger Plant: "Well, tactics, you know, tactics!"
- — Post-battle interview
- Julia Reed: "Wheely Big Cheese, who's going to win then?"
- Roger Plant: "They are! (All pointing to Chaos 2)"
- — Team Big Cheese, Team Big Brother and Team Lobster all suggest that Chaos 2 will win
However, instead of fighting each other, every competitor robot attacked the House Robots: Wheely Big Cheese drove straight down the arena to take on Matilda, whilst Bigger Brother, Chaos 2 and Thermidor 2 all drove towards Sgt. Bash. Whilst the others were doing well in their revolution, with Bigger Brother toppling Sgt. Bash, Wheely Big Cheese was worse off. Wheely Big Cheese tried to flip Matilda, but missed, and Matilda hit it with her flywheel, knocking it against the wall and pinning it there. Wheely Big Cheese was soon immobilised by the flywheel after just a few hits, with only the flipper of the cheese working. Matilda's flywheel had caused the drive motors to break apart. Wheely Big Cheese was left in Matilda's CPZ for the remainder of the battle, up against the arena side wall. Although Wheely Big Cheese wasn't officially counted out by Refbot, it was obviously out of the battle, however Jonathan Pearce only pointed out that it was immobilised near the end of the fight, despite the TV camera zooming in on it several times, with it also showing Roger Plant's disappointment, giving a thumbs-down sign. Eventually, Thermidor 2 was the last surviving robot.
- Craig Charles: "Killalot did not want to get in the arena, I'm sure of that! I reckon he knew what your plan was!"
- Roger Plant: "Yeah, he's chicken!"
- Craig Charles: "You don't say that about Killalot, because we'll put you head to head with him one day! You know that don't you?"
- Roger Plant: "Oh, any time! Any time you like!"
- — In the post-battle interview, a deleted scene, included in the Sir Killalot and the House Robots DVD
- "We're seeded tenth this year, and we hope to take the zero off the end, to be seeded 1st"
- — Roger Plant in the team's introduction
For reaching the Semi-Finals of the Fourth Wars, Wheely Big Cheese was seeded number ten for the Fifth Wars, where it also competed in Heat H once again. Wheely Big Cheese was drawn up against Series 3 reserves Wolverine in its first round battle of its heat.
At the start, Wolverine turned away from Wheely Big Cheese as it slowly moved towards it, and drove around to its opponents side, trying to get its plough under one of Wheely Big Cheese's wheels, but missed. Wolverine drove up the arena and turned around, and as Wheely Big Cheese drove after it, Wolverine got at the side, getting its plough under the flipper and lifting the flipper up onto its top. Wheely Big Cheese turned to let its flipper slide off the back of Wolverine, but before it could attack, Wolverine drove around the other side, getting the plough under the side, just by the wheel and flipping Wheely Big Cheese up.
- "You can see there the front lifting scoop of Wolverine, but Wheely Big Cheese, they say this is the biggest flipper in Robot Wars! Made of titanium, durable, menacing."
- — Jonathan Pearce
As Wheely Big Cheese turned to face Wolverine, Wolverine turned towards the arena wall and suddenly charged into it. Wolverine quickly turned around and charged at the side of Wheely Big Cheese, getting the plough underneath the flipper again and lifting it up. Wolverine drove across the arena, and as Wheely Big Cheese sluggishly drove after it, Wolverine got around the side and lifted it up a little. Wolverine accidentally charged into the arena wall, and as it reversed, Wheely Big Cheese tried to get its flipper under the rear of Wolverine. Wolverine was able to push Wheely Big Cheese back in reverse, pushing it into the arena wall. However, Wheely Big Cheese turned away from the wall, and Wolverine kept reversing, bumping into the wall. As it turned away from the wall, Wheely Big Cheese slid the flipper under Wolverine, pushed it against the wall and threw it over the fence.
- Craig Charles: "Do you think you can go all the way this time?"
- Roger Plant: "Well we always think that!"
- Craig Charles: "I know, but something always goes wrong and it all ends pants!"
- Roger Plant: "Well, that happen's to everyone, innit? It's called Robot Wars."
- — Post-battle interview
Wheely Big Cheese's second round battle saw it go up against the experienced Team Iron-Awe with their new Axe-Awe machine, another robot from Langport in Somerset, in a battle known as one of the most famous in Robot Wars.
In the battle, both robots moved to the centre of the arena, and whilst Wheely Big Cheese unsuccessfully tried to get its flipper under its opponent, Axe-Awe got one hit with its axe weapon onto the titanium flipper, creating one little black mark, before Wheely Big Cheese got underneath Axe-Awe and flipped it nearly 15 feet in the air, and over and out of the arena, all the way from the arena centre.
- "That has to be a Robot Wars record flip! Look at the distance achieved here! Out of the Arena? Out of the Robot Wars galaxy!"
- — Jonathan Pearce watches the replay in disbelief
This forever stood as a Robot Wars record flip on a heavyweight competitor, and put Wheely Big Cheese through to the heat final.
- Craig Charles: "So, you ... you finally got the flipper working then?"
- Roger Plant: "Yeah, well we re-read the rules, you see, and it says in there that flying robots are allowed! So we thought "well why not?"."
- Craig Charles: ""Why not make them fly?"! As I was saying to them [the Axe-Awe team], Chaos 2 - supposed to have the strongest flipper in the competition. That's a laugh isn't it?"
- Roger Plant: "Well we've been planning for a long time to have a flipper that would throw a robot from the middle of the arena, we finally got there."
- Craig Charles: "You certainly have!"
- — Post-battle interview
In the Heat Final, Wheely Big Cheese was placed up against another newcomer in feature South African representatives Crushtacean, which had knocked out the seeded Behemoth in the previous round. Crushtacean entered the arena with a cheese grater attached to one of their claws, as a comedic prop.
- "We've got the greater cheese, and he's got the cheese grater!"
- — Roger Plant
Wheely Big Cheese started by trying to get its flipper underneath Crushtacean, but Crushtacean drove past the flipper before Wheely Big Cheese could get underneath, driving to the side of the arena. Wheely Big Cheese cornered it against the side wall, pushing its opponent against the wall and getting the flipper underneath, but the flipper failed to open as the tip was under an angle grinder. Wheely Big Cheese reversed, and Crushtacean tried reversing away, but backed into Dead Metal, which pushed Crushtacean against the wall and cut into it. Wheely Big Cheese tried to flip the House Robot, getting its flipper under and lifting it up, but this allowed Crushtacean to get free of the House Robot's grip.
- "Wheely Big Cheese has gone a-hunting, and the cheese in this trap is not to catch a mouse, it's to catch a crab."
- — Jonathan Pearce
Crushtacean pushed Wheely Big Cheese against an angle grinder, but accidentally gripped onto the angle grinder instead of Wheely Big Cheese, giving the seeded robot time to escape. Crushtacean managed to let go of the angle grinder, but drove into the arena wall, and Wheely Big Cheese tried to get underneath it, but Crushtacean reversed off the flipper. As Wheely Big Cheese followed it, Crushtacean span around, then drove into the pit release button, with Wheely Big Cheese briefly getting the edge of the flipper under the side, but missing its flip. As the pit opened, Crushtacean reversed around Wheely Big Cheese and tried to get at the side, but in doing so it drove onto the flipper, and Wheely Big Cheese flipped it over. Crushtacean reversed, but seemed to have mobility issues, only moving forwards a little. Wheely Big Cheese quickly got under the side and flipped the newcomer over. Crushtacean kept moving, spinning around then reversing, but then stopped again in the centre of the arena. Wheely Big Cheese slid under its immobile opponent, flipping it into the air.
- "In comes Wheely Big Cheese, with naked ambition to win this..."
- — Jonathan Pearce as Wheely Big Cheese drives under Crushtacean
This flip caused the aerial came off Crushtacean, leaving it totally immobile. After Crushtacean bounced down, it reversed a little, but could not get away and Wheely Big Cheese got under again and flipped it, launching Crushtacean several feet into the air, where it did a flip before crashing back down. After this flip, Crushtacean stopped moving altogether.
- "...And Roger Plant and Wheely Big Cheese heading through here! ... He really is the big cheese around these parts, with that flipper."
- — Jonathan Pearce as Wheely Big Cheese prepares to pit Crushtacean
Wheely Big Cheese got under Crushtacean's front and flipped it over towards the pit, then nudged it in, meaning Wheely Big Cheese was through to the Series Semi-Finals for the second time in succession.
- Craig Charles: "Am I right, am I wrong, I think your flipper wasn't as powerful as it was in the last round."
- Roger Plant: "It seemed that way, but it was a very slippery customer."
- Craig Charles: "It was a bit slippery, wasn't he?"
- Roger Plant: "Yeah, have you ever tried catching a crab on a beach? They don't like being caught, do they? They zip about!"
- Craig Charles: "But normally they nip back a bit more than that nipped back!"
- — Post-battle interview
In the first round of the Series Semi-Finals, the number ten seeds Wheely Big Cheese, going in as one of the favourites to reach the Grand Final, was drawn up against the number eleven seeds Dominator 2.
- "They say the flipper can flip a small car! It's certainly more powerful than in previous series. The wheels have studs on them for extra grip, the team is experienced and ready to go one step further than the Semi-Finals, where they fell last year."
- — Jonathan Pearce introduces Wheely Big Cheese
Wheely Big Cheese started by charging at Dominator 2, which dodged by driving forwards. Wheely Big Cheese turned around to drive at Dominator 2, but Dominator 2 quickly drove past it. Dominator 2 drove by the flame pit, then as Wheely Big Cheese followed it, it turned and drove down the arena towards the pit release. As Wheely Big Cheese drove after Dominator 2, Dominator 2 turned to face Wheely Big Cheese, but when Wheely Big Cheese caught up, Dominator 2 turned away. Wheely Big Cheese pressed the pit release button, then drove after Dominator 2, trying to get its flipper under, but drove over the wedge front. Dominator 2 hit Wheely Big Cheese's top with the axe as Wheely Big Cheese drove up the arena, then Wheely Big Cheese managed to turn around and get its flipper under Dominator 2. Wheely Big Cheese flipped Dominator 2 high into the air.
- "That must have sailed eight feet into the air and then down! Wheely Big Cheese has this phenomenal power this time around..."
- — Jonathan Pearce as Dominator 2 is sent airborne
Dominator 2 came crashing down on its side, but swiftly self-righted. Dominator 2 charged at its opponent, but accidentally turned into the arena wall. Wheely Big Cheese got the flipper underneath as Dominator 2 turned around, but Dominator 2 managed to drive over the flipper just before it flipped, meaning it was turned over but not flipped out of the arena. Dominator 2 landed facing with its axe pointing down, and tried to use the axe to right itself. After two failed attempts, Dominator 2 managed to right itself, ripping up the floor with its axe as it did so. As Dominator 2 rushed away, Wheely Big Cheese turned onto a flame jet and drove into the arena wall. As it tried to get away from the wall, it drove onto the flame jet again, and Dominator 2 blocked it. Dominator 2 landed an axe blow on the front of Wheely Big Cheese, but Wheely Big Cheese turned away and drove to the arena centre.
- "They've got to get some damage in on that Wheely Big Cheese flipper and stop it operating. Otherwise, you get the sense that Roger Plant is going line up a broadside attack and come in and flip Dominator once again."
- — Jonathan Pearce
Dominator 2 followed, getting behind Wheely Big Cheese, but missed with the axe. Wheely Big Cheese tried to get away, accidentally driving into Refbot. It turned to face Dominator 2, but hesitated, which allowed Dominator 2 to drive away. Wheely Big Cheese tried driving after it, but drove into Refbot again, and Dominator 2 got side on and hit Wheely Big Cheese with the axe. Dominator 2 rammed into the arena side wall, as Wheely Big Cheese appeared to be slowing down.
- "Thought about an attack on Wheely Big Cheese, which momentarily...has stopped! What has happened to Wheely Big Cheese? It has stopped!"
- — Jonathan Pearce on Dominator 2, right before realising Wheely Big Cheese's immobility
Wheely Big Cheese had then completely stopped, as Dominator 2 got behind Wheely Big Cheese, axed it, and pushed it towards the pit. Dominator 2 axed Wheely Big Cheese six times before Refbot closed in to count Wheely Big Cheese. As Wheely Big Cheese was being counted out, Dominator 2 struck Wheely Big Cheese with its axe another two times, before pushing it into Dead Metal's CPZ. Refbot finished its count, and Wheely Big Cheese was eliminated from the battle. Dead Metal brought Wheely Big Cheese into the arena and sliced Wheely Big Cheese titanium wheels with its circular saw, causing sparks to fly. Dead Metal repeated this attack three more times, and cease was called.
- "Wheely Big Cheese, has gone out. Grated! Shredded!"
- — Jonathan Pearce
Wheely Big Cheese was relegated to the losers' melee, where it went up against the number six seeds Panic Attack and the number seven seeds Firestorm 3. Despite being the lowest ranked seed and the least likely to win on paper, it was still seen by Jonathan Pearce as the favourite to win.
- "This is the one that they'll have to avoid, because if Wheely Big Cheese gets a chance to flip you, you are out of here."
- — Jonathan Pearce, as Wheely Big Cheese enters the arena for the Losers' Melee
Firestorm 3 started by charging at Wheely Big Cheese, slotting its wedge in between the baseplate and flipper of Wheely Big Cheese, opening up the front of it. While Firestorm 3 and Wheely Big Cheese were connected, Panic Attack got under one of Wheely Big Cheese's spiked wheels and lifted it up. Wheely Big Cheese slipped off, causing Firestorm 3 to drive onto Panic Attack's lifting prongs, before both backed away.
- "The three yellow machines, a banana skin battle developing."
- — Jonathan Pearce
Wheely Big Cheese drove into Panic Attack's front, but could not get underneath, and Firestorm 3 got underneath the rear of Wheely Big Cheese. Firestorm 3 rammed Wheely Big Cheese towards arena side wall, seemingly unable to fire its flipper after damage sustained from previous battles, and Wheely Big Cheese slid off before it could reach the wall, causing Firestorm 3 to crash into the wall. Firestorm 3 tried to get under the side of Wheely Big Cheese, but Wheely Big Cheese reversed off. Panic Attack was pushing against Wheely Big Cheese whilst Firestorm 3 drove around Wheely Big Cheese and drove under it, but Wheely Big Cheese turned off of the flipper again. Panic Attack lingered around the pit release, which allowed Wheely Big Cheese to get under its front and flip it over, with Panic Attack crashing into the arena side wall. Before Wheely Big Cheese's flipper could close, Firestorm 3 drove under Wheely Big Cheese, buffeting it, before ramming Panic Attack, and then Wheely Big Cheese again. Panic Attack was making little movement, still remaining beside the pit release, as Wheely Big Cheese tried to flip Firestorm 3. However, Firestorm 3 managed to drive off when Wheely Big Cheese got its flipper underneath, causing Wheely Big Cheese to miss when it fired the flipper. This caused Wheely Big Cheese to bounce on the arena floor, and Firestorm 3 took advantage, pushing Wheely Big Cheese against the wall in the CPZ. While Wheely Big Cheese was in the CPZ, Firestorm 3's flipper activated for the first time in the match, pushing Wheely Big Cheese slightly.
- "Trying to toss 99 kilos of cheese out of the arena."
- — Jonathan Pearce as Firestorm 3 thrusts Wheely Big Cheese into the arena wall
Both robots lingered in the CPZ as Sgt. Bash came in. Firestorm 3 was then able to get fully under Wheely Big Cheese's flipper, flipping it against the arena side wall twice, as Sgt. Bash fired its flamethrower. Wheely Big Cheese managed to drive off Firestorm 3's wedge, but drove straight under an angle grinder, where it became stuck. Firestorm 3 slotted underneath Wheely Big Cheese, firing its flipper, before backing away. Sgt. Bash used its flamethrower again, whilst Wheely Big Cheese was still unable to get out from the angle grinder, although its wheels were spinning. Refbot pushed Wheely Big Cheese free from the angle grinder, but Wheely Big Cheese drove straight back into the arena side wall and Sgt. Bash again. Sgt. Bash tried to close its jaws on Wheely Big Cheese, but was not fast enough to crumple the machine before it could get out of the CPZ.
Whilst Firestorm 3 fought with Panic Attack, Wheely Big Cheese wasn't able to rejoin the battle, merely limping back and forth by the arena wall, before breaking down completely, as Refbot began to count it out. Refbot's count reached 10, and Wheely Big Cheese was eliminated from the Losers' Melee. Eventually, the battle went to the judges to decide which of the two surviving robots would go through, and they chose Firestorm 3. This was Wheely Big Cheese's and Roger Plant's final appearance in Robot Wars.
- "Major surprise that for me, in this Semi-Final, I thought Wheely Big Cheese were the big number, no they're not!"
- — Jonathan Pearce after Wheely Big Cheese is counted out
|WHEELY BIG CHEESE - RESULTS|
|The Fourth Wars - UK Championship|
15th Seed, Semi-Final, Round 1
|Heat H, Eliminator||vs. Prizephita Mk2, Wheelosaurus||Qualified|
|Heat H, Semi-Final||vs. Killertron||Won|
|Heat H, Final||vs. Suicidal Tendencies (32)||Won|
|Semi-Final 1, Round 1||vs. Tornado||Lost|
|Extreme Series 1|
|Round 1||vs. Diotoir||Won|
|Quarter Final||vs. Chaos 2||Lost|
|Mayhem Qualifier||vs. Hypno-Disc, Ming 3||Lost|
|Flipper Frenzy||vs. Bigger Brother, Chaos 2, Thermidor 2||Lost|
|The Fifth Wars - UK Championship|
10th Seed, Semi-Final, Round 1
|Heat H, Eliminator||vs. Wolverine||Won|
|Heat H, Semi-Final||vs. Axe-Awe||Won|
|Heat H, Final||vs. Crushtacean||Won|
|Semi-Final 2, Round 1||vs. Dominator 2 (11)||Lost|
|Semi-Final 2, Losers Melee||vs. Firestorm 3 (7), Panic Attack (6)||Lost|
- Wins: 7
- Losses: 6
|Main Series||Wheely Big Cheese Series Record|
|The First Wars||Did not enter|
|The Second Wars||Entered with The Mule|
|The Third Wars||Entered with The Big Cheese|
|The Fourth Wars||Semi-Finals, Round 1|
|The Fifth Wars||Semi-Finals, Round 1|
|The Sixth Wars||Did not enter|
|The Seventh Wars||Did not enter|
|Series 8||Did not enter|
|Series 9||Did not enter|
|Series 10||Did not enter|
|Robot Wars Extreme||Appearances|
|Series 2||Did not enter|
Outside Robot WarsEdit
After Robot Wars, Roger Plant sold the Series 4 and 5 versions of Wheely Big Cheese to Team Xbotz. Both versions of Wheely Big Cheese then each changed hands to different roboteers: the Series 4 version of Wheely Big Cheese became owned by Luke Steels, captain of Team Cylon (nowadays Team Hydra), and was immediately retired; the Series 5 version of Wheely Big Cheese became owned by James Baker, who occasionally brings the robot to Welsh Comic Con events as a static display, alongside his own robot Glitterbomb. Additionally, The Big Cheese is owned by another roboteering team, Team Ironclads.
Appearances in MerchandiseEdit
- Wheely Big Cheese/Pullback
- Wheely Big Cheese/Minibot
- Wheely Big Cheese/Robot Wars: Extreme Destruction (GBA)
- Wheely Big Cheese/Robot Wars: Extreme Destruction (PC/Xbox)
- Much like Roger Plant's previous machine, The Big Cheese, the first version of Wheely Big Cheese was equipped with submarine components that Plant had salvaged. However, the second Wheely Big Cheese cost around £2000-3000 for the parts alone.
- Wheely Big Cheese fought in Heat H in both of its appearances in the main competition, competing as the higher of the two seeds in the heat, winning both times.
- Wheely Big Cheese is one of only three robots to compete in multiple series and be seeded in each of them, the other two being Gemini and Spawn Again.
- At 79.4kg, the first Wheely Big Cheese was lighter than both of Roger Plant's previous machines: The Big Cheese and The Mule.
- Wheely Big Cheese is one of only eight robots that competed in more than one UK Championship and never failed to reach the Semi-Finals.
- Both robots that beat Wheely Big Cheese in the first round of the semi-finals fought each other in Series 6.